TEST

Still NO JOY

ERROR

"EDIT CONVERSATION" "Empty Response"

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Originally posted by shovelon View Post

Don't know what is going on but yesterday I could not post above reply.
    Now it seems ok.

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Back for a visit. Not only is this new format bland but I can't believe how slow it is. It just feels really cheap.
    Don't know what is going on but yesterday I could not post above reply.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Welding Discussions forum header update locked up as of 12:00 friday evening... after having worked well all week... what software switch toggled at midnight friday...??

Other forums updated normally.... what is different...???

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Back for a visit. Not only is this new format still really bland but I can't believe how slow it is. It just feels really cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Miller Welders
    replied
    Originally posted by ja baudin View Post

Plus one there Shovelon, not to mention Miller's server speed is slower than a MF. It takes forever to load a page now. I too have noticed the usuals are not posting as much anymore, i havent been. I dont feel like coming home from work, take care of my family then re-learn a whole new web site and forum protocal just to participate. It used to be fun to interact but we have gone through at least 2 forum upgrades since ive been on. And each one has sucked more than the last one.

I love welding and like giving advice but dont make me jump through hoops and make it difficult for me to do it.
    Most of the seniors here arn't "hipster computer geeks".. The constant changing is alienateing a "great" portion of the members.

Your forum technology is evolving faster than you member base can keep up!!

Ja
    We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to email us at [email protected] with more details including, if you know them, your operating system, browser and version, and the steps you took.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work with our web team.

Leave a comment:

• Miller Welders
    replied
    Originally posted by gnewby View Post
    So whats going on now I have tried emailing the forum email address listed but my emails bounce back to me? I have also noticed that several posts on this site are repeated one right after the other. Sometimes only just seconds or maybe a minute apart, with four to five posts straight in a row.

We apologize if you had any issues sending emails to us. We have tested our email, and it is working now.

Please try emailing [email protected] again and let us know if you run into any issues.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• shortarc
    replied
    Yes same here. Someone needs to remind them of the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Before all of the updates and redesigns it was good but some just don't learn. Kinda like dropping the Trailblazer 302, I have one and was going to replace it a year ago just because it was getting quite a few hours on it but they dropped it and came out with something different, took the AC option off and put the fuel fill and oil filter on the wrong side. Ill keep the old TB for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• R W
    replied
    Have always liked this forum, but have to agree with many of the complaints previously posted.

Leave a comment:

• alha
    replied
    I've just gotten back on after a bit of an absence, and haven't noticed much in terms of issues, but then, it's only been a half hour... As to the look of the new site, at least the forums as I haven't yet been out to the main site to browse around, I have to say that I like the simple, clean layout. I spent many many years in IT, and the crap that they have pushed out, from Shockwave to Java to Flash, have basically taken all that additional horsepower that each new generation of hardware has, and hammered it down with bloated software, often running on the above mentioned platforms. Often times I see that change is made for no other reason than for it's own sake, gotta have the newest, latest and greatest, have to have that one new feature, or else our site is [email protected], etc. If it isn't flashing and dinging, how can we keep the attn of the A.D.D. generation?

I for one Like simple, clean and Fast, but then, I was around back when the modern internet was "invented", so it's kind of like back to the future in that regard. I appreciate a well working, informative website as much as the next guy, but when it's loaded down with so much stuff that you need to have a i-7 to run it smoothly, that's where I say Why? One other trend is to make websites more mobile friendly, which in 2016 is a fine thing, but what I have seen many other sites do is gimp/dumb down the user interface/experience of laptop/desktop users to make it more usable for smaller screens. This I find unacceptable, and the better sites find a way to make it work for both. As I don't access this on a touch screen device, I have no idea how it currently works on them, but I hope for the best for those ppl who do. Well, thems my thoughts for whatever they're worth.

Oh, and one last thing, you should have a timer on the edit feature, that it doesn't show as being edited for at least 3-5 mins after posting, in case you quickly notice a small error, or thought or whatever that you want to add to the post, and go right back in and quickly change it. This is a pet peeve of mine, and many sites do this, the length of time varies, but 3-5 mins is the norm. Also just now when I posted the orig post, it took well over 15 seconds for it to stop processing, and for my post to appear. This might be what ppl are saying about the slowdown, and if so, it should certainly be addressed, as posting straight text should almost be instantaneous.
    Last edited by alha; 01-28-2016, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    The technology may be evolving, but it's certainly not better. It's been a struggle since the last update and little progress to improve it. I have also noticed a slow down in activity lately. I don't bother with the forum much lately because it's been so hit and miss with it working or not.

I replied to the last email they sent out a couple days ago. Hope they take it seriously. If not, I'll just be forum-less again.

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    I just find the new format boring. I hardly ever visit anymore. Liked the old format better.
    Plus one there Shovelon, not to mention Miller's server speed is slower than a MF. It takes forever to load a page now. I too have noticed the usuals are not posting as much anymore, i havent been. I dont feel like coming home from work, take care of my family then re-learn a whole new web site and forum protocal just to participate. It used to be fun to interact but we have gone through at least 2 forum upgrades since ive been on. And each one has sucked more than the last one.

I love welding and like giving advice but dont make me jump through hoops and make it difficult for me to do it.
    Most of the seniors here arn't "hipster computer geeks".. The constant changing is alienateing a "great" portion of the members.

Your forum technology is evolving faster than you member base can keep up!!

Ja
    Last edited by ja baudin; 01-27-2016, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gnewby
    replied
    So whats going on now I have tried emailing the forum email address listed but my emails bounce back to me? I have also noticed that several posts on this site are repeated one right after the other. Sometimes only just seconds or maybe a minute apart, with four to five posts straight in a row.
    Last edited by gnewby; 01-25-2016, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I see the posts aren't updating and moving to the top of the list like they usually do. Going to make people stop checking the forum for whats new.

I guess that's a pretty good way to get out of the forum hosting business.

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    I have been around for a while and I must say that I liked the original version as well I will lend my support to the MF (miller forum) and hope they come through. I do still come by to read when I can. You all keep writing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X