First BIG project with DIVERSION 165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First BIG project with DIVERSION 165

I've had a Diversion 165 TIG for a few years now and I've used it a couple of times to fix an aluminum ladder or a small part in SS where heat would have been an issue. Otherwise I almost always use my Millermatic 185 MIG welder for fabrication.

Recently I bought a new Travel Trailer Toy Hauler and I needed to fabricate an aluminum battery box for a pair of Solar Charged batteries. The project came out great and the Diversion couldn't have worked better. Very impressed.

You can read all about it here:
    I decided I needed something a little larger than my Palomino Bronco truck camper. And I wanted the use of the truck while camping. It simply isn’t practical to remove a truck camper at every camp site. And if my wife or grandkids want to stay in camp, I can’t take off with the camperRead More

I experimented on a few scrap pieces of the diamond plate aluminum as I very rarely weld aluminum. At first it was a disaster. Burn through, not enough heat....terrible. I finally remembered a video on "Welding Tips and Tricks" about using angle iron as a back plate on the joints and turning up the heat and using the foot pedal properly and the welds started to look excellent. The angle iron acts as a heat sink and it contains the argon behind the weld.

Thanks for looking

BTW...Lots of other projects on my wen site and especially in the photo album

The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their website.

I decided I needed something a little larger than my Palomino Bronco truck camper. And I wanted the use of the truck while camping. It simply isn’t practical to remove a truck camper at every camp site. And if my wife or grandkids want to stay in camp, I can’t take off with the camperRead More
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet
Working...