Dynasty 200 DX length of service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200 DX length of service.

Just wondering who can say, that they have the most hours and strikes on a Dynasty 200 DX machine. Are they truly as industrial as described by Miller.

Originally posted by jmpgino View Post
    Just wondering who can say, that they have the most hours and strikes on a Dynasty 200 DX machine. Are they truly as industrial as described by Miller.
    The Dynasty 200DX has been round since 2002.....

Mine is a 2009.... have never looked up the hours and strikes... but I have been using the heck out of it...

What do you mean by "Industrial"..???

If your asking would I use it in the rain and mud or throw it unprotected into the back of a pickup and drive at high speed down a potholed gravel road.... the answer is NO....

my 200DX has been all over the place doing "on-site" work... my Dyn 350DX Tigrunner takes care of all the in shop needs....
    Last edited by H80N; 12-10-2015, 06:50 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Hi jmpgino,

Can't offer any info on a DX 200 but I have a Dynasty 350.
      Bought it Jan 2008 - LH480241L - 907204.

Just looked at the statistics:

328 hours 51 minutes arc time
      123,795 arc starts.

Pre-Blue-lightning version

By the way, just ordered a Dynasty 210DX last Friday from
      PRAXAIR US EAST
      1013 CONSHOHOCKEN RD
      CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428-1001
      610-825-5991
      [email protected]

I need the 120 VAC ability for some jobs where I can't use the Dynasty 350.
      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

[QU1 HOTE=jmpgino;n564607]Just wondering who can say, that they have the most hours and strikes on a Dynasty 200 DX machine. Are they truly as industrial as described by Miller.[/QUOTE]

Can't say as their industrial use, but I work at a plant that uses them for weld testing by the Q.A. personnel. I have one at home , and have no complain with it! Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
          Hi jmpgino,

Can't offer any info on a DX 200 but I have a Dynasty 350.
          Bought it Jan 2008 - LH480241L - 907204.

Just looked at the statistics:

328 hours 51 minutes arc time
          123,795 arc starts.

Pre-Blue-lightning version

By the way, just ordered a Dynasty 210DX last Friday from
          PRAXAIR US EAST
          1013 CONSHOHOCKEN RD
          CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428-1001
          610-825-5991
          [email protected]

I need the 120 VAC ability for some jobs where I can't use the Dynasty 350.
          My Dyn 350 is also Pre-Blue-lightning.LH210808L (NOV-08). but never had an arc start problem....
          I sure LOVE my Dynastys.... worth every penny..

here is a thread on BL serials

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...nasty-serial-s

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

They were advertised as industrial on the Miller website, so designed for heavy duty use one would think.

Comment

Originally posted by jmpgino View Post
              They were advertised as industrial on the Miller website, so designed for heavy duty use one would think.
              What defines "Heavy Duty" in your mind..??

They are an extremely capable precision instrument that can be run day and night for years

if you are looking for something that you can throw round and abuse..like a hunk of cordwood??... ... maybe you are looking for a Lincoln TOMBSTONE....

and with what it cannot do....
              Last edited by H80N; 12-12-2015, 08:44 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

What defines "Heavy Duty" in your mind..??

They are an extremely capable precision instrument that can be run day and night for years

if you are looking for something that you can throw round and abuse..like a hunk of cordwood??... ... maybe you are looking for a Lincoln TOMBSTONE....

and with what it cannot do....

He only asked about hours and arc-strikes, so I'm pretty sure he isn't talking about "throwing it into the bed of the pickup truck at the end of the day", but rather, sheer usage.
                HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Are you guys being quite fair to the OP? It seems to me there used to be a number of users that were having real problems, that a lot of units had to be returned.or repaired after very little use. My neighbor was one.

"jmpgino," I believe, subject to correction here, that the early Dynasty 200s had some problems, but that these were completely addressed and that this model was further improved when a 2nd generation version (having the "Blue Lightning" feature) came out. And I'm guessing, as the answers here indicate, that the great majority of owners of the first-generation machines had no problems (my neighbor has had no problems with the exchange-replacement unit he received).. If you are buying an older used unit which had no problems early-on, maybe it has proven itself good, and the fact that it's out of warranty might be no more worry to you than it would be for any other machine.

Is this about right? If so, it seems that somebody who knows the history of the machine might have explained this to the OP, better than I have done. If my comments are wrong, I'm happy to be set straight.
                  Last edited by old jupiter; 12-12-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

FWIW....The Dynasty 200 has evolved though 29 generations since introduction in 2002 with incremental improvements added during its entire life...and has been a reliable design from introduction...

If I recall some of CRUIZER's comments correctly... the Dyn 200 was one of the more trouble free designs... given some PM to make sure that the boards, lugs and connectors are retightened periodically..
                    (there are a few threads on it)

The "Blue Lightning" enhancement was developed to make arc starting easier... and has nothing to do with reliability

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts
                    Last edited by H80N; 12-12-2015, 09:16 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

I would consider anything that is 3 phase industrial worthy. My 200 Dx is about 8 yrs old ( pre blue lighting ) high freq starting is about shot and fan motor is not not comming on when needed sometimes causing machine to overheat and shut off. Thinking of getting a 280 model,only thing I dont like is no 115 capability.
                      2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
                      1- Blue star 185
                      1- BOBCAT 250
                      1- TRAILBLAZER 302
                      1- MILLER DVI
                      2- PASSPORT PLUS
                      1- DYNASTY 200 DX
                      1- DYNASTY 280 DX
                      1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
                      1- HF-251 BOX
                      1- S-74D
                      1- S-75DXA
                      2- 12-RC SUITCASES
                      1- 8-VS SUITCASE
                      2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

Comment

Here are some of "CRUIZER's comments on PM from some older threads...

worth reading... he has lots of experience and an excellent track record on this stuff

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                        There are quirks with all machines. The millers require basic maintenance yearly, ya don't and yes there are problems. I make rental firms open new units up , inspect and tighten the backs of the output studs. Red loctite is added so they don't come loose. And yearly to tighten all connectors, and mod screws as they always heat loosen.

also there is a problem with the plastic strain reliefs on the backs of the machines, as they overly squish the primary's together. This causes electrical noise. And ends up taking out the machines over time. I replace them with a standard. Sleeved version.

KInda buying a car, never changing the oil, then wondering why it broke down...
                        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ers-fail-often

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                        Means it's time to remove that cover and tighten up some stuff, Tighten down the mods, they will be plastic covered devices with 2 philips head screws, want to tighten them down, torque will be something like 14 inch /lbs or reasonably hand tight, also tighten down the rear brass nuts on the output studs. Might want to use some red locktite on those. Make sure the 2 boards ontop of the main parent board are seated nicely in the connectors.

This is kinda a preventative maint issue, before something really bad happens.
                        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...200-dx-problem

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

Is this sort of PM stuff readily available from some source other than asking on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                            Is this sort of PM stuff readily available from some source other than asking on this forum?
                            I just take CRUIZER's word for it....

He has been on the money with his advice for the last eleven+ years

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

I believe it. I supposed when I finally pop for something big and expensive I'll post up on here for some advice about maintaining the stuff properly. I'd say that most people don't consider opening their machines up and tightening bolts and nuts on the guts of their welders.

Comment

Working...
                              X