No announcement yet.

Ever wet yourself over a welder?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wet yourself over a welder?......

This may have been around already but I just stumbled upon a really nice pipeliner conversion on youtube. Just about had to go have a moment by myself!

Of course now the real problem is trying to resist buying another redface and "borrowing" my neighbour's little diesel tractor!
    hre

Wetting yourself over an electric welder is probably not a good idea! What with high open circuit voltages and wet pants, you could end up with quite a tingle someplace where you'd rather not have it!

Comment

Those 3cyl Yanmar Diesels are VERY cool..... have one in my Bobcat 643 (Skidsteer)....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Sure have, if was the 350p and the DyNASTY 200 that wet my pants for years. Expensive, but some of the best money I ever spent! I dont regret the purchase at all.

Still wet thinking about being water cooled, but thats beyond my needs.. HaHa

That machine looks awesome!!!
        Last edited by ja baudin; 12-10-2015, 05:27 PM.
        sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
        Millermatic 350P
        30A Spoolgun
        Lincoln Pro Mig 140
        Hypertherm Powermax 30
        14" Rage Evolution dry saw
        40 ton press brake
        Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Sometimes I go out into my garage and look at my machines......its my happy place.

Comment

Coalsmoke,

Here's a part from one of my previous posts which may have some bearing on this topic.

Thankfully my pants were dry but not for long........................

Burnt hands

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]02-05-2011, 09:02 PM[/COLOR]

Don't do this at home (or in your shop)

Hardrock40,
            I will share my stupidity for all to laugh at and perhaps learn from.
            Most of my work is tig. Stainless and alum with some carbon steel.
            Last summer I was doing about 95 pieces of 065" wall stainless.
            Got lazy and decided to rest the tig torch on my lap while swapping in new parts.
            Worked for a while then when I thought I was in a rhythm and getting a good production rate, I got sloppy.
            Left the tig torch in my lap as before and clamped the next piece in the fixture but bumped the foot pedal by mistake.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            And of course the tungsten was in the most painful location.................
            Luckily this was just a jolt but I learned very quickly - please be careful with any voltage.

Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
              Coalsmoke,

Here's a part from one of my previous posts which may have some bearing on this topic.

Burnt hands

Hardrock40,
              Got lazy and decided to rest the tig torch on my lap while swapping in new parts.
              Worked for a while then when I thought I was in a rhythm and getting a good production rate, I got sloppy.
              Left the tig torch in my lap as before and clamped the next piece in the fixture but bumped the foot pedal by mistake.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Luckily this was just a jolt but I learned very quickly - please be careful with any voltage.

YOUCH....!!!!!

I have HF'd myelf more times than I can count... in many creative ways.....

but thankfully not that way... usually related to my personal brainfade and a hot humid day in some cramped space

But Yeah.... all to easy to get zapped.....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
                Coalsmoke,

Burnt hands

Hardrock40,

OUCH!!!! That's one of those free perks that you won't read in the miller sales flyer when advertising their excellent HF starts! Being on the wet British Columbia coast, sometimes we'd have to resort to changing rods with our armpits since they were the only parts still dry.
                hre

Comment

Had a welder wet my pants for me once..wiggled the rectifier diode because I was suspicious of poor connection...got shocked. Knocked the p outta me
                  blue stock,
                  miller shopmaster 300, s22a feeder, s30 spool gun, hf251, arc pig
                  miller maxstar 150 STL
                  miller maxstar 210
                  miller a bp 330
                  non blue,
                  Lincoln weldanpower 150 1982 model
                  esab plasma
                  Hobart ironman 210, spool gun
                  victor oxy acy set
                  thousands of snap on tools, 3 large boxes and tons of automotive equip.

Comment

I'm creeping up on my 60th birthday Wetting myself is something I have not yet begun anew. I'm a little uncomfortable with the subject. In a more direct answer to your question; I came close with the Dynasty 280DX, but from history, I once used, tried for years to talk its owner out of, then was given a 194? Westinghouse engine welder. I allowed my wife to bully me into getting rid of it. I want another.

Mine had no nameplate. I guessed it to be 600 amps. Last summer I found its twin. It was 325 amps. Equipped with a Chrysler industrial 25" 236 flat head, there was no risk of overloading the engine. The smoothest stick welder I have used, I want another.
                    Dynasty 280DX
                    Bobcat 250
                    MM252
                    Spool gun
                    Twentieth Century 295
                    Twentieth Century 295 AC
                    Marquette spot welder
                    Smith torches

Comment

First one was a P&H MIG welder (5052 Aluminum with 5356 wire) from the mid 1970's through the early 1980's, then 5 years ago it was a Dynasty 350DX (I like Syncrowaves but the Dynasty 350DX beat them all).

Comment

Working...
                      X