Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRONLORE
    replied
    I went to a welding show and found a pair of safety glasses designed with a clip-in lens holder in it. Took the lens holder to my
    optician and he put my scrip in it for $65. The good thing is, the lens holder is protected by the safety glasses lens. So new safety
    glasses are $10 and the prescription lens should last a long time. Plus you can use the safety glasses for other close-up operations
    and less weight in your helmet, etc.

Glenn

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    I have a miller elite for cheater lenzs I just go to cvs/walgreens or any other store that sells reading glasses. I buy them in a 3 pack they are normally 3 piars for 10 bucks .I kep two packs in my tool box in my truck .they work great and if they get scratched oh well just chunk them and grab a new pair.one box will lest me well over a month.well worth the money .plus you can wear them under your face shield when cutting.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Moser View Post
    Don't have any Walmarts around here, my optician wants over $100. to put a lens in that little plastic holder. Picked up a generic pair of reading glasses and popped the lenses out and took them to the belt grinder and got them to fit easy enough. Need to grind a few more to find the right ones as I am used to a booster to see small welds. That's seems to be the economical solution.
    Jim

looks like you may have taken the most practical path...

I was under the mistaken impression that there are "STANDARD" lens sizes... that had once been true... BUT these days with the many variables... they just grind the lens to fit the frame ... using a machine like this to trace and grind the profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5e8-912aBY#t=61

There are however a bunch of discount places online that you can send your frames to... who will fit your diopter or RX to and send them back to you...

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...p-t-901-s&fp=1

Last edited by H80N; 11-25-2015, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Moser
    replied
    Don't have any Walmarts around here, my optician wants over $100. to put a lens in that little plastic holder. Picked up a generic pair of reading glasses and popped the lenses out and took them to the belt grinder and got them to fit easy enough. Need to grind a few more to find the right ones as I am used to a booster to see small welds. That's seems to be the economical solution.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Got this response back from John Herek of MILLER

Thanks John...!!

Heiti-

There is a clear plastic lens in the box that you can take to Walmart optical and they will put the prescription in the lens.

John Herek
    Service Technician, Commercial Solutions Division

Miller Electric Mfg. Co. An ITW Welding Company
    N855 Mayflower Drive, Appleton, WI 54913 Phone: 920-954-3432
    MillerWelds.com FacebookTwitterYouTube

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Did finally find the manual

"Section 4-1 Inserting Optical Lens Frame" page 12 of the PDF.... shows what looks very much like an eyeglass frame...

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...67425A_MIL.pdf

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Moser View Post
    sorry, I did look around and found the specialty lens frame packaged with the spare shields, but I guess I need to take them to an optometrist and buy a set of prescription lenses for them? Kinda pricey cheaters or is there another way to do this?
    Jim

interesting questions

I was unable to find an answer either

don't know if it uses a standard 2x4.5 cheater or 50mm round .... or ..??

So I forwarded the link to somebody who probably can..

Last edited by H80N; 11-23-2015, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Moser
    replied
    sorry, I did look around and found the specialty lens frame packaged with the spare shields, but I guess I need to take them to an optometrist and buy a set of prescription lenses for them? Kinda pricey cheaters or is there another way to do this?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Moser
    started a topic Miller weld -mask gogles magnifier??

Miller weld -mask gogles magnifier??

What's up with this product ?sounded like a good idea for some hard to see positions and literature states you can use a lenz with it but I just opened it up and I see an optical lense frame in the manual as an option but where do you buy them and what do you put in the Lenz frame ? I can't wear any glasses with it either, no room so basically useless for precision tig work for any of us older folks. Regular cheaters don't fit and glasses don't fit?? wHats Up?
Working...
X