Questionable Posts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Posts.

I have seen new "ideas" spammers have been using recently. One they ask a question. Then it is answered sometimes with a great answer from a seasoned forum member. Then another "newbie" posts another answer attaching the spam somewhere in the post. Then I delete the spam post which most likely isn't the first post and the whole post goes away. Because the OP and the newbie poster are the same person and they are both gone now. Hmmmm...Bob
    Bob Wright

Well I posted a question about welding very very thin aluminum for strength, and this morning I brought my printer into work (not an easy thing for me to do) so I could print out the answer someone left me, and they recommended a particular Miller welder that had a very, very low setting. Now I'm on here and I can't find my post, I refreshed the page before printing (in case there was any more input) and it's gone. Could someone replace my post, and the detailed response someone was so helpful to take the time to leave? I would really appreciate it, I became a member of this forum to use it, and I'm a real, interested user of the forum. Any spam-like posts below my question were NOT me, I assure you. Thanks.

Comment

I remember your post, but as you say, it appears to be gone. I think the response you are referring to came from H80N. IIRC, he recommended the Dynasty200dx welder but I can't remember the torch that was recommended. He checks the forum often and will probably respond.

Comment

He's pretty much a savant, so he'll be able re-spew his answer like its the first time. Rest assured, you'll get the help you're asking for. But...I still want to know why you need to weld sheets of aluminum from a soda can together. Making a space ship?

Comment

Yes-we're anxious to see the results when you get going!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenworth View Post
            Well I posted a question about welding very very thin aluminum for strength, and this morning I brought my printer into work (not an easy thing for me to do) so I could print out the answer someone left me, and they recommended a particular Miller welder that had a very, very low setting. Now I'm on here and I can't find my post, I refreshed the page before printing (in case there was any more input) and it's gone. Could someone replace my post, and the detailed response someone was so helpful to take the time to leave? I would really appreciate it, I became a member of this forum to use it, and I'm a real, interested user of the forum. Any spam-like posts below my question were NOT me, I assure you. Thanks.
            Ken

not to worry....

ideal setup would be a Dynasty 210DX Tigrunner and a Weldcraft
            WP-125, Micro TIG Torch

will fill in the particulars

This being the "Ideal" combination in my estimation... it is by no means the cheapest... be prepared for a little sticker shock

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...70536B_MIL.pdf

https://www.millerwelds.com/en/acces...5-micro-series

This is based on a guesstimate from the limited info I got from your question...

the material varies in thickness depending where on the can body you harvest it... here is an article that will give you more info

http://www.chymist.com/Aluminum%20can.pdf

If you can give us a better idea of what you are trying to do... we can give better answers

What you intend to accomplish can likely be done for less money with a used Dynasty 200DX and a 24 series air cooled torch.... but let's look into what your real needs and budget are

Last edited by H80N; 11-11-2015, 09:55 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

FWIW... I have restarted the Topic on this thread here.. to avoid any confusion....

http://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/w...n-aluminum-tig

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by Kenworth View Post
                Sorry Ken it was me. I deleted the 2nd and 3rd post but yours went gone too. I do believe the 2nd and 3rd were the same person...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

BOB...

Nothing fatal....

Some days you're the Windshield.... other days... your'e the Bug....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHMN1rFi9s

Last edited by H80N; 11-11-2015, 04:07 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                  X