2001 Pipe pro 304 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H80N View Post

There are plenty of brushless gensets that could power an XMT304.... so why give "Portable Welder" a hard time for not being sure if it had brushes or not....????

Not ruling out a brush problem... since it has them...

SIMPLEY...That Not All Gensets Have Brushes.... ...
    Where did i give him a hard time? Must have missed that. Again just pointing out how the machine works. However back to my point...tell me an engine drive which does not use a rotor/slip ring/brush. They dont exist, why......maybe someone will chim in. However i would bet....cost, design, and space are the reasons.
    kevin
    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
    Ln25
    Miller spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spoolgun
    Wc115a
    Lincoln 210mp
    F550 imt service truck

Comment

The ThermalArc Scout is brushless.

"The unique Power-Plus® patented alternator delivers a smooth weld output. Its brushless design increases efficiency – reducing maintenance and extending the life of the machine. Separate windings are used for welding and auxiliary power, offering the highest quality auxiliary power."
      Miller Syncrowave 180
      Millermatic 251
      Thermal Dynamics 51 Plasma
      Wolfpac 175
      Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperCanadaTree View Post
        The ThermalArc Scout is brushless.

"The unique Power-Plus® patented alternator delivers a smooth weld output. Its brushless design increases efficiency – reducing maintenance and extending the life of the machine. Separate windings are used for welding and auxiliary power, offering the highest quality auxiliary power."
        To bad they quit making them 3 years ago, and doubt your going to see a pipeliner roll up with a scout bolted to their rig. So...show me a 200-400 amp pipeline rig that is brushless...goodluck.
        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
        Ln25
        Miller spectrum 625
        Miller 30a spoolgun
        Wc115a
        Lincoln 210mp
        F550 imt service truck

Comment

Sorry for no updates, we have been working long hrs on a UPS job, I got a quote of $ 1,734.00 to fix the welder, they said the Rotor is open and the brushes need to be replaced, not sure if this is a good or bad price, but its junk if I dont fix it so its getting fixed.

Its been a good machine.

Thank goodness for having a back up Trailblazer.

Comment

Working...
          X