What's code error Help 31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's code error Help 31?

Hi everyone! I finally bought my first Miller, it's a Dynasty 350. Occasionally it present this written in the display "HELP 31" and it's not possible to weld.. every time i have to restart the machine. Which can be the cause?? The problem is the welder or the machine?

Thank you to all!!

Originally posted by Mike78 View Post
    Hi everyone! I finally bought my first Miller, it's a Dynasty 350. Occasionally it present this written in the display "HELP 31" and it's not possible to weld.. every time i have to restart the machine. Which can be the cause?? The problem is the welder or the machine?

Thank you to all!!
    The manual says

Help 31 Display
    Indicates a malfunction in the primary power circuit caused by an overcurrent condition in the primary IGBT switching circuit.Contact a Factory Authorized Service Agent if this display is shown

It is possible that you have some conflicting parameters programmed in... sometimes that can cause false error messages...
    I would do a factory reset and see how it behaves...

How old is this machine...?? under warrantee..??

Last edited by H80N; 11-05-2015, 03:22 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Well, for your first miller, might as well go ahead and make it pricey one? What have you been welding with?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        Well, for your first miller, might as well go ahead and make it pricey one? What have you been welding with?
        The Dyn 350 is the cat's meow in my book....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

the machine is new , so .. how can guarantee that you can put in conflict with the parameters ? It is the first time that happens to me a problem of this type , but it's not my first welding machine...

Comment

the machine is new , so .. how can guarantee that you can put in conflict with the parameters ? It is the first time that happens to me a problem of this type , but it's not my first welding machine...
            Do a reset to factory defaults.... it is pretty easy to confuse the machine and operator when you first get it.... it can be pretty confusing and threatening before you get familiar with it...

you might have an actual machine fault... but I would try the reset first...

as you explore the capabilities... it becomes clear that with all if that complexity comes amazing capability

This aint your daddy's Syncrowave....

Lots of switchology... here is a setup video that might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I73S7fBStsY

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Thanks for Instructions. I weld for more than 10 years, I've had several machines of different brands but I never happen that would create a conflict with the parameters .. the problem arose when I tried to use the 4T , 2T while the machine works perfectly!!

Comment

Thanks for Instructions. I weld for more than 10 years, I've had several machines of different brands but I never happen that would create a conflict with the parameters .. the problem arose when I tried to use the 4T , 2T while the machine works perfectly!!
                Not to worry......I have been welding since 1968.... and still get crossed up from time to time... very easy on modern complex machines

Here is a thread that you will find useful in getting the most out of your DYN.

"Dynasty Processes-Set Up"

http://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/w...ocesses-set-up

it is a long thread and had been a "STICKY" for years... AND should be again

LOTS of good info there...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                X