What to know about the new Miller Welding Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
    The subscribers list that used to be friends list is too easy to be confused with thread subscriptions. I have never seen this before and I hate it.

What are my subscribers supposed to be with me, if not being a forum friend?
    Thank you for your suggestions. We'll pass them along to our web team to look into the possibility of changing the name. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

It appears to me that I must login before I can see "Today's posts." Is that correct? If I start at http://forum.millerwelds.com/ (not logged in at this point) and click on Today's Posts I am taken to the Advanced Search page. This page requires me to deal with a Captca and enter search criteria. I have no idea what the search criteria for Today's posts would be and am not willing to play the Captcha game just to see if anyone has posted anything which I might want to read and perhaps login and reply to.

If I access the page http://forum.millerwelds.com/ while logged in I see that Today's posts has been replaced with New topics. If I click on this link I see that some posts are repeated several times in the list. For example Spot Welder with 33A appears 5 times.

Your forum is on my list of about 20 sites which I scan each morning. If I cannot quickly check the latest posts - without having to login - I will strike it from my list. Yes logging in is not a big effort. However, as a security/privacy measure I only login to a site if I am going to do business or post to a forum or such. And I do so from a cleanly launched browser with only that site connected.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        I liked using the app. It was better than your new "mobile optimized" flimflam. I'm gonna give the new doohickey here a try, but it's not looking good. I generally don't like having web pages open on my phone all the time and it sure was easy to get logged on through the app. I gotta say, one reason I used the forum so much was because it was easy to use on the app.
        Likewise I'm almost never on my computer and used iPhone app exclusively. It was very easy to use and wish it was back!!
        I just don't hv time to work through this now.

Comment

Any way to fix pictures?? Site won't let me upload anything bigger than 2megs, but the site then reduces images to some ridiculous small size and you can't see anything anyway. No way to zoom. Am I missing something here or is it just hiccup that will be fixed?

Thanks.

Comment

On a computer double click the picture, it will give you all the pictures that poster has posted(I think) double click what you want to see, it will give you a larger version. If it is still not big enough use" control and + "or "control and the mouse wheel" until you reach the size you want---Meltedmetal
            I don't have a cell phone so I can't help there. Mm
            ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Originally posted by H2o View Post
              Any way to fix pictures?? Site won't let me upload anything bigger than 2megs, but the site then reduces images to some ridiculous small size and you can't see anything anyway. No way to zoom. Am I missing something here or is it just hiccup that will be fixed?

Thanks.
              Below are instructions to upload images to our upgraded forum. Are these the steps that you're taking? In the meantime, we are trouble shooting any image uploading issues. Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Attaching images:
              1. Create a new post/thread by clicking the ‘Create New Topic’ button. Or, to respond to a post, click the ‘Post Reply’ button at the bottom of the thread.
              2. To upload image(s) to your post, click on the camera icon located in the left corner of your content box. This upload allows jpg, jpeg, png and gif file types. These photos will show up at the bottom of your post.
              3. After clicking the camera icon, you will be given the option to ‘Upload’ a photo or ‘Select from Photo Album.’
              4. When uploading photos, select the image(s) from your computer that you wish to add to your post and click open. Once uploaded, images should populate under content box. When you have added all of your desired photos, click post.
              5. To add images as an attachment in your thread or post, click on the paperclip/paper icon on the top right corner of the content box.
              6. When uploading photos, select the image(s) from your computer that you wish to add to your post and click open. Once uploaded, images should populate as attachments under your content box. When you have added all of your desired photos, click post.
              7. If you have your photos on a website, you can also attach a photo’s URL by clicking the link icon. This icon is located right next to the camera icon in the top left corner of your content box.
              8. Copy and paste the link into the http:// box and click ‘Add Link.’

Comment

Originally posted by taylorkh View Post
                It appears to me that I must login before I can see "Today's posts." Is that correct? If I start at http://forum.millerwelds.com/ (not logged in at this point) and click on Today's Posts I am taken to the Advanced Search page. This page requires me to deal with a Captca and enter search criteria. I have no idea what the search criteria for Today's posts would be and am not willing to play the Captcha game just to see if anyone has posted anything which I might want to read and perhaps login and reply to.

If I access the page http://forum.millerwelds.com/ while logged in I see that Today's posts has been replaced with New topics. If I click on this link I see that some posts are repeated several times in the list. For example Spot Welder with 33A appears 5 times.

Your forum is on my list of about 20 sites which I scan each morning. If I cannot quickly check the latest posts - without having to login - I will strike it from my list. Yes logging in is not a big effort. However, as a security/privacy measure I only login to a site if I am going to do business or post to a forum or such. And I do so from a cleanly launched browser with only that site connected.
                Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We will pass it on to our web team, and will let you know as soon as it can be resolved.

Comment

In the meantime while we continue to look into the issue, you can see the latest posts by clicking the “Latest Activity” tab. This is accessible without signing in. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post
                    On a computer double click the picture, it will give you all the pictures that poster has posted(I think) double click what you want to see, it will give you a larger version. If it is still not big enough use" control and + "or "control and the mouse wheel" until you reach the size you want---Meltedmetal
                    I don't have a cell phone so I can't help there. Mm
                    Yeah. does not work. The site turns a good image, into a tiny low res image. If you zoom, it is all blurry. Am I the only one with this issue? Curious.

Thanks for working on it.

Comment

Our web team has resolved the issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem within the system. Thank you.

Comment

Hmm, this is gonna take some gettin used too.
                        America, Clinging to our Guns and Religon since 1776.

Comment

I'm giving it the ole' college try, like I have been for the last couple weeks, but I'm just not getting used to it. I originally used this forum because of the app. Not that the app is gone, what do I do? Go to welding web? Stay here? I guess, at this point, doesn't really matter. I like the guys here. I still want the app back.

Comment

I'm giving it the ole' college try, like I have been for the last couple weeks, but I'm just not getting used to it. I originally used this forum because of the app. Not that the app is gone, what do I do? Go to welding web? Stay here? I guess, at this point, doesn't really matter. I like the guys here. I still want the app back.
                            While the new Forum is optimized for mobile devices, the app will be included in our next phase of website development. We appreciate your patience as this feature is being updated. We'’ll alert all forum users when the app is available. Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Comment

That's excellent news. Any projected time frame on the app coming back? I won't hold you to it, just hoping for a round about time frame.

Comment

That's excellent news. Any projected time frame on the app coming back? I won't hold you to it, just hoping for a round about time frame.
                                We do not have a set date as of now, but we will let all members know when it is available. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X