What to know about the new Miller Welding Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to know about the new Miller Welding Forums

Welcome to the new Miller Welding Forums! As you navigate your way around, we want to call out some specific areas, changes and enhancements to keep in mind:
    • ‘Like’ and easily quote another user’s post.
    • Easy photo upload with the ability to upload multiple photos and add captions.
    • When uploading photos, you have the option to choose from photos you've already uploaded to the site that are now saved in your profile photo gallery.
    • New Forums Interface – you can now go back and forth between forums, latest activity, subscriptions without leaving the page.
    • View who is online and what they are looking at - see what other forum members are reading.
    • Customize your profile to look and feel – even allowing you to update a status.
    • See your private messages (called “Messages” now, not Notifications) at the top next to your username and profile option in right hand corner.
    • Advanced search options - search specific boards and types of content to find information on your specific question or topic.
    • Tag cloud – You can use this Tag cloud to see what the popular topics users are discussing on the forums, and click on one to see all posts tagged with that subject.
    • Groups – use this space to create your own smaller groups to talk about specific topics, projects or processes.
    Here’s how to edit your profile and create or edit your signature:
    • To edit your profile, click on your user icon on the top right side of the forum, choose “My Profile” and click “Edit Settings” on the left hand side of the page.
    • To create a signature, click on your user icon on the top right corner and select “User Settings.” Click on the “Account” tab and scroll down until you see “Conversation Detail Options.” You’ll can select if you want to show signatures, Avatars and images, and underneath those is a small pen icon with the words “Edit Post Signature.” Click there to edit your signature
    • Signatures will now show up on the side of your post (Under Topic View setting) under your profile image and next to the icon that displays if you’re online. By clicking on the pen icon, you can view a user’s signature.
    • Viewing posts - Topic View vs. Stream View: In your User Settings (found under your user icon in the top right corner) you can change the way you view posts by clicking on Account and scrolling down under “Conversation Detail Options.” You can then choose how you would like to view posts. Selecting Stream View will default to displaying threads as you are used to seeing them.
    Take a look around the new forums! If you have any questions or issues, please post them as a reply to this message, or email forum (at) millerwelds (dot) com.

Thank you,
    Miller Welding Forum Administrator

Am I missing something... or??... I am unable to find the "Friends" lists....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

So can you drag and drop images? I tried and it dropped the image into the text field, then gave me an error that I had too many characters...

Second issue, when you are browsing a thread, you do not see all of the images if there are more than 3. You have to click on them and it takes you to another page?

Comment

Also, For some reason, i had to redo a new password for the forum.

On the iphone app, there seems to be a connection problem between my device and miller? Not able to do anything in app, not even see content. I checked app store for updates but there are none.
        Last edited by H2o; 10-08-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
          Am I missing something... or??... I am unable to find the "Friends" lists....
          The 'Friends' list is now labeled 'Member List'. You can find this under the Forums tab next to Mark Channels Read. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Welders View Post
            The 'Friends' list is now labeled 'Member List'. You can find this under the Forums tab next to Mark Channels Read. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
            Think there is mistake or misunderstanding here...

I was speaking of the people we have mutually friended... The "Member List" gives me the full 57,702 members... NOT the Appox 20 individuals that I had friended... That seems to have disappeared... from my profile
            Last edited by H80N; 10-08-2015, 08:31 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Another issue with photos is that they come in really small. There is no way of zooming in. I also had a picture that was a little large and it refused it; this can be a downer if you have many photos to post and you need to go into another program to resize them.

Comment

I also cannot get on using the app on the iphone. I hope there is an update soon, because I use the app far more than I do the "confuser" here.

Comment

Originally posted by H2o View Post
                  Also, For some reason, i had to redo a new password for the forum.

On the iphone app, there seems to be a connection problem between my device and miller? Not able to do anything in app, not even see content. I checked app store for updates but there are none.
                  The new Forum is mobile optimized, so the app is not needed. Please let us know if you continue to have problems. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Is there a tab some place, that I am missing, for just looking at "new posts" since your last visit?

Comment

Originally posted by cwgrizz View Post
                      Is there a tab some place, that I am missing, for just looking at "new posts" since your last visit?
                      Under the Forums tab at the top of the page, there is a tab that says 'New Topics' - Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                        I also cannot get on using the app on the iphone. I hope there is an update soon, because I use the app far more than I do the "confuser" here.
                        The new Forum is mobile optimized, so the app isn't needed. Please let us know if you continue to have problems or have any further questions. Thank you.

Comment

I liked using the app. It was better than your new "mobile optimized" flimflam. I'm gonna give the new doohickey here a try, but it's not looking good. I generally don't like having web pages open on my phone all the time and it sure was easy to get logged on through the app. I gotta say, one reason I used the forum so much was because it was easy to use on the app.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                            I liked using the app. It was better than your new "mobile optimized" flimflam. I'm gonna give the new doohickey here a try, but it's not looking good. I generally don't like having web pages open on my phone all the time and it sure was easy to get logged on through the app. I gotta say, one reason I used the forum so much was because it was easy to use on the app.
                            Thank you for your feedback, ryanjones2150. We will take that into consideration and look into it further.

Comment

The subscribers list that used to be friends list is too easy to be confused with thread subscriptions. I have never seen this before and I hate it.

What are my subscribers supposed to be with me, if not being a forum friend?
                              Last edited by shovelon; 10-13-2015, 10:19 AM.
                              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
                              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                              Miller Dynasty200DX
                              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                              MillerMatic350P
                              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                              MKCobraMig260
                              Lincoln SP-170T
                              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                              Hypertherm 1250
                              Hypertherm 800