X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigwelder
    • Nov 2004

do you trust buying stuff on the net

after i just read the post about ilovewelding i just wanted to see who trusts the net to buy things
    A man with a legitimate beef; a real hero; Don Quixote
    7.41%
    A p!mple. On a good day, deserving to be a pi!mple on a real welder's a$$
    7.41%
    A p!mple, not deserving to be on a real welder's a$$
    7.41%
    Not even a ****le, more like a bug, swat it and forget it
    77.78%
    to weld or not to weld that is the question
  • dcsound
    • Jun 2004

If it is a reputable merchant, or an auction service such as EBAY where there is an easy matter of recourse, I have no problem purchasing online. Buying from a private individual who I have never met, that's probably another matter. Most credit card issuing banks also provide some degree of fraud protection. I use an online based debit card for my web purchases, so the charges are easy to track in real time, and I can't be charged more that I deposited in the account.

Comment

• Bob Sigmon
      • Sep 2005

I buy alot but usually from established E-tail dealers (mostly catalog sales that have gone internet). Once in a while I'll buy something from an unknown person (usually Ebay) and so far things have worked out nicely.
      Bob Sigmon
      A/O Setup with Meco Midget
      Miller Big Window Elite
      Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

• gangel99
        • Jan 2004

eBay - read carefully

Never been defrauded but been scammed. Bought one of those $5 Chinese grinders with $15 shipping & handling fees. Arrived broken. Seller happy to send me a new one if I pay S&H fees both ways putting me out of pocket $65 for an item worth $25 if it worked. His replacement policy was right there on eBay so I can't say I was defrauded. I learned my lesson and read things realllll carefully now.

Comment

• Bob Sigmon
          • Sep 2005

I had a guy ship me 4 angle grinders, should have been 4 angle grinder kits. He told me to keep the 4 he had already shipped and he would send out the correct items. He did. Now I have 8 grinders that I can burn up and toss around.
          Bob Sigmon
          A/O Setup with Meco Midget
          Miller Big Window Elite
          Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

• aametalmaster
            Chairman Of The Board
            • Sep 2005

I buy and sell on eBay, i also sell from some metalworking forums....Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

• fun4now
              • Aug 2006

as said above read well befor you order, a lot of times the shipping is more than the item is werth so be shoure to check it. i also make shoure i can get a reply to a e-mail befor i bid. i also got 1 of thouse chinees grinders it was $0.99 and the shipping was $5.50 it worked for about 2 minits then died oh well get what ya pay for

as for bigger ticket things i got my Mig and plasma cutter from OIC and my miller big window from BR i think.

all and all if you check it out a lil bit befor jumping in you can come out good my wife has bought around $2,000.00 or more on dolls and doll close and some enbroidery pattern disks all with good results but she checks feedback (take it with a grain of salt) and always contacts the seller befor sending the $$.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

• bigwelder
                • Nov 2004

i know i have bought some stuff from ebay recently and i sold my welder on this forum but as many of u said i was in constant contact with the other party thru the entire deal
                to weld or not to weld that is the question

Comment

• fun4now
                  • Aug 2006

staying in contact is the key. if you cant contact walk away no mater how good the deal
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

• hankj
                    • Aug 2006

Kind of a loaded poll question. I trust companies, but not necessarily all the people.

Hank
                    ...from the Gadget Garage
                    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                    Handler 210 w/DP3035
                    TA185TSW
                    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

• richie
                      • Mar 2005

From now on i will sell my stuff on ebay.

Comment

• ssawyers
                        • Mar 2005

As long as I can buy stuff for 10 cents on the dollar I will take the chance! later Shane

Comment

• burninbriar
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hankj
                          Kind of a loaded poll question. I trust companies, but not necessarily all the people.

Hank
                          I agree with Hank.People I can comunicate with are generally alright but I dont trust the internet due to all the crud sneaking around that you cant see.Turning on the computer scares me and I refuse to put any financial information on it period.Not even for off internet purposses.Maybe I'm just to new to it to feel comfortable.
                          To all who contribute to this board.
                          My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                          Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                          Miller Syncrowave 250
                          Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

• fun4now
                            • Aug 2006

burninbriar

i agree with you about the I refuse to put any financial information on it period. i wont put any on eather i always send a postal money order. takes a few days more but atleast all they can rip you off for is what you sent them ,not all ya got in the bank
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

Working...
                            X