• Bob Jones
    replied
    Cope,
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Jones
    I must be really confused. I thought the /0 series the larger number was the larger size? Thanks
    Bob,

You are correct. Look at the link I posted below. 1/0 is plenty for a 250 amp machine up to 250'. #2 would get the job done for 99.9% of the jobs most people will do.

http://www.countyweldingsupplies.com/faq%20q&a.htm#Q4

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I must be really confused. I thought the /0 series the larger number was the larger size? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I thought that 1/0 wasn't large enough? I was planning on needing at least 2/0? Glad to know 1/0 is enough.
    Welding cable is like regular electrical wire; smaler the number the larger the wire.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I thought that 1/0 wasn't large enough? I was planning on needing at least 2/0? Glad to know 1/0 is enough.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Thanks Cope,
    I can get about all the 1/0 from the Company that I retired from. They use 1/0 for grounding on Stations the guys are working on. Would 1/0 be good or should it be larger wire? It comes in 40' length. Another question: To change the voltage do you move the little clip on the terminal board?
    Bob
    1/0 is overkill, but at that price I would use it! I can't answer your question regarding voltage jumpers. Try downloading an owner's manual from Miller's site.

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    Thanks Cope,
    I can get about all the 1/0 from the Company that I retired from. They use 1/0 for grounding on Stations the guys are working on. Would 1/0 be good or should it be larger wire? It comes in 40' length. Another question: To change the voltage do you move the little clip on the terminal board?
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I will have to buy some output receptacles as the got broken at one time or another. do each of the 4 have to be insulated from the case? Thanks again
    Bob, I believe that even the ground has to be insulated.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I bought 3 , nothing like having a pair and a spare. I got the serial no. checked and they were made in 1989, really dirty on the inside looks like they have been dropped out of an airplane. The guys in the shop all said they were regulary maintainted by the Miller supplier. I will have to buy some output receptacles as the got broken at one time or another. do each of the 4 have to be insulated from the case? Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Bob,
    You will like that Dialarc. I have one that is almoest 30yrs old. just take the cover off and blow the dirt out and check and clean connections. They are a tough old welder.
    jh

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I live approx.75 mies south of Indianapolis and about the same no of Louisville Ky. I guess the approx. total weight for the 4 would be around 1600lbs.

Leave a comment:

• pejenkins
    replied
    Bob -
    Can someone else drive too and just put 2 in your P.U.?
    Or perhaps, make 2 trips......boy, if I lived anyhere close
    I would help U get them home.
    Where in Indiana do U live ?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I have about a 100 mile trip with the load. I don't drive fast,I'm one of those old guys that every now and them takes his truck out for a walk.

Leave a comment:

• pejenkins
    replied
    Bob -
    I would think that hauling 4 of them (1450#) would be OK as long as U didn't have to haul them a long way. I have a 1/2 ton P.U. and I wouldn't of afraid of it.....if it bothers U
    just buy 3 and call it good!!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I will sell it after I get them home, I've already got 1 sold. I'm getting what I paid for them. I've only got a 1/2 ton Pickup and don't know how many I can haul at one time. he has 4 left and I'm getting 3. If I thought my 1996 1/2 Chev ex-cab would not collaspe I'd buy all 4 of them. $200.00 each and only trying to help others if I'm able to haul them. Anyone think it would be ok? I would hate to overload my poor old Chevie.Several others waiting for them but I have first choice on them. One of the guys on the board ordered one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X