Miller Dialarc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob,
    You will like that Dialarc. I have one that is almoest 30yrs old. just take the cover off and blow the dirt out and check and clean connections. They are a tough old welder.
    jh
    Jeff

Comment

I bought 3 , nothing like having a pair and a spare. I got the serial no. checked and they were made in 1989, really dirty on the inside looks like they have been dropped out of an airplane. The guys in the shop all said they were regulary maintainted by the Miller supplier. I will have to buy some output receptacles as the got broken at one time or another. do each of the 4 have to be insulated from the case? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jones
        I will have to buy some output receptacles as the got broken at one time or another. do each of the 4 have to be insulated from the case? Thanks again
        Bob, I believe that even the ground has to be insulated.

Comment

Thanks Cope,
          I can get about all the 1/0 from the Company that I retired from. They use 1/0 for grounding on Stations the guys are working on. Would 1/0 be good or should it be larger wire? It comes in 40' length. Another question: To change the voltage do you move the little clip on the terminal board?
          Bob

Comment

Thanks Cope,
            I can get about all the 1/0 from the Company that I retired from. They use 1/0 for grounding on Stations the guys are working on. Would 1/0 be good or should it be larger wire? It comes in 40' length. Another question: To change the voltage do you move the little clip on the terminal board?
            Bob
            1/0 is overkill, but at that price I would use it! I can't answer your question regarding voltage jumpers. Try downloading an owner's manual from Miller's site.

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

Comment

I thought that 1/0 wasn't large enough? I was planning on needing at least 2/0? Glad to know 1/0 is enough.

Comment

I thought that 1/0 wasn't large enough? I was planning on needing at least 2/0? Glad to know 1/0 is enough.
                Welding cable is like regular electrical wire; smaler the number the larger the wire.

Comment

I must be really confused. I thought the /0 series the larger number was the larger size? Thanks

Comment

I must be really confused. I thought the /0 series the larger number was the larger size? Thanks
                    Bob,

You are correct. Look at the link I posted below. 1/0 is plenty for a 250 amp machine up to 250'. #2 would get the job done for 99.9% of the jobs most people will do.

http://www.countyweldingsupplies.com/faq%20q&a.htm#Q4

Comment

Cope,
                      Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X