Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Bob

Originally posted by Bob Jones
    Have a chance to buy a Dialarc 250 for $200 been in storage for 3 years no cables and have choice from 5 250's, the guy says they were ok when put in storage! Need advice as I'm considering buying a arc welder. He says they are 208,220 460 single phase AC/DC is this correct on the single phase and what is the advice? Thanks
    I bought Mine brand new 20+ tears ago,Think It was $550.00 or so back then, That Machine has paid for its self 1000 times over, and still purs like a kitten,Jack

Comment

Is it true that they weigh about 400lbs? Is that because of copper Winding
      I wondering how in the heck I'll be able to get it out of my Truck,

Comment

Jeff,
        What part of Indiana are you from? I'm about 75 miles So of Indianapolis
        Bob J

Comment

Im about 60 miles north of indy.

Jeff

Comment

I also have a Dialarc 250 AC/DC. If you really want to know how good they are, Miller still makes and sells them. They are a good solid machine that is almost bullit proof. Unless someone has used it for Air Arc (a lot) or dropped it in a lake (and left it for a few days) I would recomend buying it.
            The current Miller Catalogue lists it at 360# net. You can go to the regular Miller site and download an owners manual on it too.
            The first thing I would do is pull the side cover and blow out any dust that has collected and look for any connections that look like they have gotten hot and if so tighten or repair them.
            These machines are great for any specialty stick welding like 7018 rods. They will handle any stick repair you will ever find, 250 is a lot of amps. You will need a large breaker if you want to run it wide open. 73amps/230volts max input. A 30 or 40 breaker should handle most of what you will need unless you are doing some serious welding. tim

Comment

Also if you can roll it around where you will use it you are better off buying the input cord than long leads. Mine is on wheels and I have a 50' input cord and about 30' leads. Much easier to use like this.

Comment

Bob Jones:
                Let me know if your going to be in Evansville. Email me at [email protected]

Peace,

Comment

I'm sure a Dumb old man! I bought an extra Dialarc, anyone need one?

Comment

Bob, If Houston wasn't so far from indiana I would take it off your hands and sell my own Miller.

Comment

Hi,

Possibly, just let me know the details.

Jeff

Comment

I will sell it after I get them home, I've already got 1 sold. I'm getting what I paid for them. I've only got a 1/2 ton Pickup and don't know how many I can haul at one time. he has 4 left and I'm getting 3. If I thought my 1996 1/2 Chev ex-cab would not collaspe I'd buy all 4 of them. $200.00 each and only trying to help others if I'm able to haul them. Anyone think it would be ok? I would hate to overload my poor old Chevie.Several others waiting for them but I have first choice on them. One of the guys on the board ordered one.

Comment

Bob -
                          I would think that hauling 4 of them (1450#) would be OK as long as U didn't have to haul them a long way. I have a 1/2 ton P.U. and I wouldn't of afraid of it.....if it bothers U
                          just buy 3 and call it good!!
                          Thanks,

PJ

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt
                          MM 210 + spoolmate

Comment

I have about a 100 mile trip with the load. I don't drive fast,I'm one of those old guys that every now and them takes his truck out for a walk.

Comment

Bob -
                              Can someone else drive too and just put 2 in your P.U.?
                              Or perhaps, make 2 trips......boy, if I lived anyhere close
                              I would help U get them home.
                              Where in Indiana do U live ?
                              Thanks,

PJ

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt
                              MM 210 + spoolmate

Comment

I live approx.75 mies south of Indianapolis and about the same no of Louisville Ky. I guess the approx. total weight for the 4 would be around 1600lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X