No announcement yet.

New miller but getting taken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPM man...what local stores have you checked out? Let me guess National Welding Supply? They suck for customer service and pricing. Go and check out Machine Welding Supply. I have shopped at the Machine Welding Supply in Durham and they were so nice and friendly even to the newbie customers. I wish I had found them before I bought my bottle of gas from National Welding Supply.

http://www.mwsc.com/sales.htm

PS...What kind of business do you own?

John

Comment

Why don't you do a google search? Also look at Quimby, Indiana Oxygen, Cyberweld, Sutton-Garten , Weldmart and others. Local guys don't seem interested much in trying to match those internet prices even if you have to tack on sales tax. Also, it would be interesting to find out your info from Miller re: the service not being available if you didn't buy it there.

Comment

TPM,

One of my dealers here gave me a price of $1250 plus tax unless you have a tax number. That's not for the spoolgun package but he would be equally fair on that as well.

Andy

Comment

Looks like the Indiana Oygen deal that burningbriar mentioned on a 210, is going to be hard to beat at $1,236.77 delivered and out of state,so no tax.Good luck......

tooldude56

Comment

John V.

You are 100% correct with you statment, I Spent 30 minutes 2 weeks ago at National Welders in Fayetteville,and they didn't even acknowledge me in the store. I was the only there, and 3 sales reps at counter. I left went to Machine and Welding, got what I think was a great price on MM210 @ 1180.00 + tax. I won't be going back to National " we make enough money" Welders again.

Comment

I agree with both JohnV and ScottH. National welders needs some customer service training. I go to airweld in Winston. good price on my gasses. Now if I can only get these guys to understand what a tungsten is, Ill be set.

Steve

Comment

I just printed out the ebay ad from IOC and took it in to my local welding store. I asked them how close they could come to the $1236 price on the 210. They gave me a price of $1225, I have a tax number so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax anyway. I didn't ask what they normally sell it for.

Comment

You know what is scary...it seems that all the National Welding Supply suck. I though it was just the one in Raleigh. I would love to see there what there ad looks like in the paper when they hire new employees.

Just to add some info about Machine Welding Supply. The salesman took the time to walk me around the store and show me different items and all the gas bottle sizes and answered all my questions with no attitude even though I am a beginner welder. I will definately give all my business to them for now on!

John

Comment

Praxair is interesting, isn't it.

Comment

JohnV I have a handyman biz. Going full time with it in the next month or so.
                      I will check the place in Durham! Thanks

Comment

Ok now all I have to do is pick 210 or 251. That is the tough part!

As far as online goes, cyberweld seems to have the best price on the "with spoolgun" units. Save $200 by not paying the tax.

Lots of people say go 210 too. That may just be the way to go.
                        Then I could get a TIG machine sooner!

Comment

Update

JohnV,
                          You were not kidding I called the Durham location and they were super nice!
                          He gave me a price of 1793.00 for the 210 w/spoolgun.
                          Just for the heck of it I called the Raleigh one...1972.03 for the same thing.
                          That is pretty darn close to online prices...
                          Good customer svc. goes a long way with me.

Comment

Originally posted by TPM man
                            JohnV,
                            You were not kidding I called the Durham location and they were super nice!
                            He gave me a price of 1793.00 for the 210 w/spoolgun.
                            Just for the heck of it I called the Raleigh one...1972.03 for the same thing.
                            That is pretty darn close to online prices...
                            Good customer svc. goes a long way with me.

Do you really have a need for the spoolgun? I wonder how many guys have purchased the MM 210/3035 spoolgun package, and haven t yet actually used the spoolgun? When I purchased my 210, Miller threw in the 3035 for free. Over 2+ years i never really used the 3035, so I gave it to Sundown (Hobart/Miller forum Member) since he had a need for it. So anyway, I'm sitting here wondering how many of these MM 210/3035 packages are purchased were the spoolgun is never really used, and that $1700+ could have been spent on a MM 251. Performance wise,the MM 210 is a very good unit, however, the MM 251 is even better yet. So, if i had to choose between the MM 210 and the MM 251 and had no need for the spoolgun, and my budget could handle the cost, I'd choose the 251.

Comment

Andy

I will thank you for checking into getting this guy a fair deal on a MM210.You went out of your way and called a dealer to find a fair price for this guy. You just can't beat the service you are providing your customers whether they have a Miller or Hobart.

Comment

You might want to call David Tillotson at the Machine & Welding Supply Company store in Garner. Their phone number is 919-772-9500 - his E-mail is [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X