New miller but getting taken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New miller but getting taken?

I am looking to buy a Miller 210 or 251 now...but my local keeps prices at MSRP on the millers. Any place to get a good discount?
    Thanks!

Where are you at?

You could always call the 1-800-4-miller to find an alternate dealer. You may be forced to do an internet deal.

Andy

Comment

I am in Raleigh NC. Of the two dealers near by I would only trust one...and they are MSRP. ****!

Comment

Well dude, I'm in Charlotte and it might be better to come down here and I'll get one of my dealers to take care of you or e-mail me and I'll give you a names and numbers of some of my dealers that will just drop ship you one.

Andy

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks Andy!
          I will email you and get some info!
          I don't mind driving to Charlotte for a good deal!
          Maybe if I tell my dealer that I am getting a good deal there they will budge...

Comment

Check out the Quimby welding store on ebay.They are selling the MM210 for $1,260.00 and drop shipping it free to US.They also have the MM251 for $1,770,shipped free.You will also save on sales tax.

tooldude56

Comment

I had the same problem in my area and I ended up useing Indiana Oxygen.I was very happy with the service I recieved and the shipping was free.I took the liberty to check there prices on what you are looking for.
              Miller 251 complete package 1781.77 free shipping.
              Miller 210 complete package 1236.77 free shipping.
              Hope this helps.
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Those prices are with spoolgun? If so ****!
                Let me know!

I also sent Andy my info. I always try to help the local business man out....since I am one...

Comment

Cyberweld.com
                  Miller 251 complete package 1762.00 free shipping.
                  Miller 210 complete package 1249.00 free shipping.
                  Millermatic 210 MIG Welder with Spoolmate 3035 Spoolgun
                  Cyberweld Price: $1,788.00
                  Millermatic 251 MIG Welder with Spoolmatic 30A Spoolgun
                  Cyberweld Price: $2,659.00
                  No problems with the product from them
                  Good luck on your decision..
                  Laurence

Comment

I doubt they are with the spoolgun. That package is just the base unit. I purchased mine online at BR Welder. They had a very good price for the MM210 with the spoolgun and free shipping. Most online sites will offer free shipping.
                    MM210 w/3035
                    Next up - Sync 200

Comment

Originally posted by TPM man
                      Those prices are with spoolgun? If so ****!
                      Let me know!

I also sent Andy my info. I always try to help the local business man out....since I am one...
                      TPM man, I know your frustration -- firsthand!

I, too, want to help the local businesses as much as I can, but some of them don't act like they want to be helped. Haven't decided which machine to get as my new welder, but I've been researching price, service, and the like.

The local guys -- with one exception -- don't seem to want to bother with an individual. The prices they quote range from 10% higher than online prices all the way to MSRP. When I mention online prices, they invariably get flustered (with the same sole exception, who acknowledged online competition, but couldn't/didn't want to give me a better quote).

Consumables and accessories seem to have higher margins (online and local prices I've seen tend to be close if not the same). So, one would think the local guys would want that business by competing on the machine's price. Not so, I found out.

I'm not a professional and won't be running the machine 'round-the-clock, so I have a lower likelihood of needing service (and I can take care of routine stuff myself). So, I plan on thoroughly researching options and then buying everything online -- and continue to buy consumables and accessories online. I'll save taxes, pay no shipping, and spare myself the inconvenience/cost of going to the store.

Not my preference, but there's a limit to how far I'll go for the local guy.

Comment

I hear ya! And with free shipping and no tax....sounds hard to beat.

Comment

It looks like Indiana Oxygen offers the 251 with 30A spoolgun for 2677.77.
                          Complete package seems to be with regular gun and running gear.

Pureox OA
                          Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Originally posted by Scuppers
                            TPM man, I know your frustration -- firsthand!

I, too, want to help the local businesses as much as I can, but some of them don't act like they want to be helped. Haven't decided which machine to get as my new welder, but I've been researching price, service, and the like.

I'm not a professional and won't be running the machine 'round-the-clock, so I have a lower likelihood of needing service (and I can take care of routine stuff myself). So, I plan on thoroughly researching options and then buying everything online -- and save on taxes and the inconvenience/cost of going to the store.

Not my preference, but there's a limit to how far I'll go for the local guy.
                            I agree with you 100%.
                            I think miller would take a dim view of a dealer who refuses to service a machine becouse you didnt buy it from them.

Pureox OA
                            Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar
                              I agree with you 100%.
                              I think miller would take a dim view of a dealer who refuses to service a machine becouse you didnt buy it from them.
                              You pointed to one of issues I'm considering as I research different manufacturers. So far, I haven't gotten a straight answer to that question as far as Miller goes.

Depending on the manufacturer and its policies, I might have to ship the machine somewhere (it won't be a large machine, say, under 80 pounds). With my particular application, it seems to me that if I go with a well-designed and manufactured welder, I'm less likely to require major service. So, I should be better off paying the shipping cost *contingent* on needing service, rather than very definitely pay the sales tax up-front.

Comment

Working...
                              X