AEAD 200le

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEAD 200le

Hey guys this is my first post here but I've been posting over at the Hobart site. I am 14 years old and have been welding for a year or so. All I have that works is a super cheapo Home Depot special Lincoln fluxcore.

I got a 1985 AEAD 200le from my dads boss for nothing and I'm in the process of rebuilding the B48M Onan engine. Are there any stupid problems that could happen with the generator half of the welder? I havent fired up the Onan yet as I might need a coil (I hope not) because I have no spark. I have Power to the coil and to the points but no spark. What I was wondering about is the generator section. Once I get the engine running I would like to know what I should check first if its not making electric. I have read through the manuel several times on this site.
    Chris

The AEAD are very good welders. The Onan is a good engine when running but expensive to repair so check oil often, they will run low if not checked. And make sure water can't get down exhaust when stored.
    If the generator dosen't work make sure the 12 volt wire to it is working. This excites the generator so it will have output. You should blow out the dust that accumulates in it also. Moisture will cause dust to short out electrical circuits.
    Let us know how it turns out. tim

Comment

Working...
    X