Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What's the story behind the Miller Auto Arc line of welders???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What's the story behind the Miller Auto Arc line of welders???

I have been seeing more and more of these Blue machines lately.They look quite similar to the regular millermatic but have some different features and odd model numbers for their mig machines,like XLT125,XLT142,XLT182,XLT222 and XLT270 which has a tapped amperage control.They also have plasma and tig machines,like the Moonliter tig that looks a lot like an Econotig.These machines appear to be made,or at least owned by Miller Electric and only distributed by one national distributor,Milweld Inc.This is just something that I have been a little curious about for a while since I first noticed them quite some time ago, when,I think Northern Hydraulics was selling them,if my memory serves me correctly.

tooldude56

The Auto Arc line is a few machines from the Miller and Hobart line up that are sold through smaller tool houses and automotive supply stores. They usually are a couple hundred $$ more. These auto and tool houses usually also have accounts that these customers purchase these on kind of like the Mac tool guy or Snap-on. These smaller tool houses don't purchase enough volume to get the same discounts that normal weld distributors can.

Good question

Andy

Comment

HI! newbie question...

A local guy has a Miller Auto-Arc high-freq 50A tig...he's asking 900 w/ 20 hrs worth of use...

i'm planning on doing a share amount of fab on my road-course car, stainless headers, turbo, intercooler piping etc... would prefer the cababilites of doing both stainless and alum...i think this is a DC-only machine..would that make Al difficult to do?

any info on this unit would be helpful...

thanks all..

going to look at it now...he says it's like new.

J

Comment

You will need ac for aluminum. 50 amps ain't much when it comes to aluminum.
        Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
        Millermatic Challenger 172
        VictorO/A
        Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
        Esab PCM-875
        Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

hmmm...

Thanks for the reply...

this machine is older...

i'm going to throw up a new post with some questions, so i don't hi-jack a thread

thanks!

JAY

Comment

Help

I recently purchased a Milweld TTMig 250 and cant find any real good information on it and was wondering if there is a ground or a cable that I need to switch over from Fluxcore welding to gas welding? and where is it located? I know on my little 110v it is just real easy to switch the cable for the polarity?

Comment

question

I recently purchased a Milweld TTMig 250 and cant find any real good information on it and was wondering if there is a ground or a cable that I need to switch over from Fluxcore welding to gas welding?  and where is it located?  I know on my little 110v it is just real easy to switch the cable for the polarity?

Originally posted by tooldude56 View Post
              I have been seeing more and more of these Blue machines lately.They look quite similar to the regular millermatic but have some different features and odd model numbers for their mig machines,like XLT125,XLT142,XLT182,XLT222 and XLT270 which has a tapped amperage control.They also have plasma and tig machines,like the Moonliter tig that looks a lot like an Econotig.These machines appear to be made,or at least owned by Miller Electric and only distributed by one national distributor,Milweld Inc.This is just something that I have been a little curious about for a while since I first noticed them quite some time ago, when,I think Northern Hydraulics was selling them,if my memory serves me correctly.

tooldude56

Comment

If they are ITW products a separate support site (not this one for obvious reasons) with tech info and manuals would be useful to customers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1930case View Post
                  If they are ITW products a separate support site (not this one for obvious reasons) with tech info and manuals would be useful to customers.
                  For obvious reason, it appears this site can at least provide you with a downloadable owner's manual.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o154501u_mil.pdf
                  Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
                  Miller DialArc 250
                  Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
                  Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
                  Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
                  Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
                  South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
                  Logan 7" shaper
                  Ellis 3000 band saw
                  Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
                  Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
                  3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
                  Lots of dust bunnies