EwZr-1.........Zirconium brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EwZr-1.........Zirconium brown

how do you run the brown...? do ya ball them up or can you make them to a point at the end of them for aluummium ? also do they weld and run better the the pure tungsten. Any info or opinions would help .. thanks

On a Transformer Based machine

Zirc {brown end** tungsten can take more amps and hold its shape as opposed to pure which will start to ball when the amperage gets turned up. I've never balled a tungsten on purpose, I've always sharpened them and blunted the point and have never had a problem.
    Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125**
    MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
    Miller portable spot welder
    Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

It depends what you are welding on with the airtung I use it on the aluminum welding and the end will naturaly ball up when you start to weld.
      If I was welding on stainless or carbon id shapen the tungsten to a point and then just take the very tip of the point down before welding,
      Also when Heli arcing there is the constant threat of radiation in the 2 draeing here it shows why you can get more dose of radiatiion from shap tungsten as opposed to blunt tunsten

Comment

agian with brown...

thank you..................so one othr thing that may be sily to ask but does it run nicer or better than green ?

Comment

biggreen,

The Zirtung is a far better quality tungsten that will form a ball on it's own when using AC. The ball will be smaller and hold higher amps as Blackplague says. I shapen slightly with a blunt end for AC and strike an arc on a scrap piece of aluminum just to round the end slightly. Then off to work we go

Andy

Comment

I don't think you'll notice the difference other than the point isn't balling as bad as the pure {green**.
            Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125**
            MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
            Miller portable spot welder
            Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

Info agian

Originally posted by Blackplague
              I don't think you'll notice the difference other than the point isn't balling as bad as the pure {green**.

THANKS SO GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP AND INFO !!!!!!!! Ive been atg school for a year or so for welding and ill try to post some pic. Also iam in a welding competition for states in VICA in michigan !! i also got certified for D1.1 in arc with 7018 and 6010 for 3g and 4g

Comment

Keep the good work!!

Our industry needs some good people.

Good luck with VICA.

Andy

Comment

zirtung

I got this tip for zirtung off of this forum and it works quite well for me!!!!
                  You grind the zirtung to a ball and at the tip of the ball grind a flat about 1/32 to 1/16th try it works beautifully.I use this method for aluminum welding.I put approx 1/16th flat on a 5/32nds tung.Zirtung is the stuff you want to have if you need to use a lot of juice when your welding.It holds up much better than puretung or 2% thoriated although I use them all I prefer zirtung.Zirtung is definately more expensive but you get better results when you use it.
                  Brass Monkey

Comment

biggreen01

Good luck in the competition! I read all this thread a couple times and may have missed it, but I did not see anything about tungsten spitting. The zirconiated tungsten alloy is great stuff. A big advantage is there is no tungsten spitting. Therefore, you do not have tungsten comtamination in your welds like can happen with pure tungsten. I saw this mentioned and feel it is worth saying again: The zirtung works great for transformer machines as oppossed to inverter based power sources.

Comment

Working...
                    X