Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Answer bull dogs Question:
    What you do is get a air cooled torch, argon bottle, 2% thoriated tungsten,
    You are then ready to weld, you then need to hook your ground cable to the torch and your stinger now becomes your ground.
    You then just scratch start. Its pretty easy.
    The set up I just gave you is not for aluminum However.

Comment

Originally posted by pjseaman
      I am not sure how much size the valve adds to the torch size but I have a D200DX w/#17 diamondback, if it is any smaller I can bring the whole deal and you can finish up what you need. Email me at [email protected] if I can help.

Peace,
      pjseaman,
      Thanks for the offer,I finished the install before I posted my question. I fought this install for several hours because of clearance issues with the INSTALLED interior panels [plastic] and the clearance for the weld was about 3/4 of an inch. Finally extended the tung. on a "rigged up" shorty that I fabbed on-site, grabbed an exam. mirror and "got r done" ! ! Just made me feel rather humble. Don't want word of mouth to reach out to other customers on this one problem job. Keep the links coming, I'm still trying to compile the info I need not to get in a jam like this again.
      Mike
      MACH4
      p.s. Hawk, I bookmarked the CK site and will be contacting them as I decide what I need. THANKS!!

Comment

dmule3,

Here is contact information for CK. They will point you in the right direction.

CK Worldwide, Inc.

PO Box 1636

Auburn, WA 98071

USA

Phone: (800)426-0877 or (253)854-5820

Fax: (800)327-5038 or (253)939-1746

E-mail: [email protected]

The last CK I bought was through Holston Gases. They are good folks and happen to have a location in my town.

Comment

I have the WeldCraft SF-225 water cooled torch. Neat in that it has interchangeable heads. So you can use your 17 sized parts, or change down to a 20 head for in close or even a 24 head for really close in.

Got it from Arc-Zone. Call him and talk to him, nice guy, very knowledgeable about torches.

He also carries the MT-125 which if you can't get inwith that one, you have one tight space.

Comment

That's the unit I use also.

A-
            Attached Files

Comment

Pinecone and Andy,

That's a great torch! I like the interchageable heads. Just swap them out. I am not wild about all the different consumables, but I have everything from a 12-20 anyway, so what's one more. They are great for cylinder walls and other tight spots. Just ask Andy-no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
                dmule3,

Here is contact information for CK. They will point you in the right direction.

CK Worldwide, Inc.

PO Box 1636

Auburn, WA 98071

USA
                CK is only 15 minutes away from my shop. Been there twice.

Andre
                I love Miller products
                Dynasty 200DX
                Spectrum 2050
                Hobart 135
                Syncrowave 180SD (sold)

Comment

MACH4, There is a chassis cert about 80 miles from you this weekend. I think I may have met you and your partner there last year and was wondering if you are the same person (with a cavalier chassis last year) ....and if you were going to be there. Jeff
                  200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Hawk

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X