X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld-right
    replied
    Flap discs

I have found that flap discs are definitely the best at removing the weld bead without gouging the surrounding surface. I have been using the discs with great success from the ebay store "http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Valley-Abrasives".

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    The best thing for body tacks and light seam weld grinding is the 3M roloc system for air grinders. The system that we use on our race cars is a 90deg air grinder and 1 1/2 up to 3 inc roll lock sanding discs. They also have scotch brite pads and a number of other abrasives for that system.

Way cool and way precise so you are not hitting the material with a monster 4 1/2 grinding wheel.

Do a google search on roloc for places that sell near you.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    try it, you will be hooked

after i tryed my first 1 i wonderd how i ever servived without them. i got 1 at wal-mart to see if they were werth spending the $$$ on. lets just say that i was on e-bay that night buying a 10 pack and went back later for a 50 pack. shortly after that i bought an extra 4 1/2" grinder so it was always loaded and ready for use
    they will take a weld bead down to smooth as a babby's bottem in no time and all with 1 tool.

Leave a comment:

• fitter108
    replied
    Flapper Wheels

What we are calling flapper wheels are a bunch of heavy sand paper pieces cut and epoxy glued to a back plate that will flex and so when you see one in person you will know that it is the right product.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Pioneer Abrasives

i have also used Pioneer Abrasives, orderd from him a cupel of times . fast service and great quality.
    here is a link to his e-bay store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Pioneer-Abras...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

it is buy it now so no messing with bid's.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Scott is right on about there splatter block. The stuff is awsome!
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    I use the Walter Enduro Flex 7" and they really work great. One thing that everyone should be cautious of when the pads get worn the outside edge gets exposed and it becomes very easy to catch the edge of the plastic on a corner or the edge of a vise or something like that and if it does it can really send ya. I got hit in the chest one time with the backside of my Makita grinder and broke some ribs. Lucky for me I wasn't on a scafolding or something. I'm glad that I didn't get hit with the disk! As always be safe!
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Originally posted by joebass
    Thos are Walter Enduro flap discs. I use the zirconia ones. They are the best flap disk going. I also find that the zip wheels they make are better than most.
    Try their spatter block and stainless clean/protect products. Good stuff!!!

Leave a comment:

• joebass
    replied
    Thos are Walter Enduro flap discs. I use the zirconia ones. They are the best flap disk going. I also find that the zip wheels they make are better than most.

Leave a comment:

• Prototype3a
    replied
    Are those orange discs I see on tv, especially american chopper, flapper wheels? Either way, who makes those things?

Does anyone have any hand held methods of cutting sheet metal up to 1/8" thick that work well?

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    They also come in the 7" size. There worth every penny!
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Check out this guy on eBay, He has some good prices. Pioneer Abrasives LLC. Here is a recent auction # 3876693655....Bob

Leave a comment:

• GARAGEGADGETS
    replied
    Any welding supply,some Lowes stores & mscdirect.com .

Leave a comment:

• fitter108
    replied
    Flapper Wheels

Any welding supply stores will have flapper wheels for a 4" grinder. Remember you get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• choptop
    replied
    Thank you

Thanks for the help guys..Now where do i get the Flap wheels?
    thank you
    Lonnie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X