Grinding weld beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flapper Wheels

What we are calling flapper wheels are a bunch of heavy sand paper pieces cut and epoxy glued to a back plate that will flex and so when you see one in person you will know that it is the right product.

Comment

try it, you will be hooked

after i tryed my first 1 i wonderd how i ever servived without them. i got 1 at wal-mart to see if they were werth spending the $$$ on. lets just say that i was on e-bay that night buying a 10 pack and went back later for a 50 pack. shortly after that i bought an extra 4 1/2" grinder so it was always loaded and ready for use
      they will take a weld bead down to smooth as a babby's bottem in no time and all with 1 tool.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

The best thing for body tacks and light seam weld grinding is the 3M roloc system for air grinders. The system that we use on our race cars is a 90deg air grinder and 1 1/2 up to 3 inc roll lock sanding discs. They also have scotch brite pads and a number of other abrasives for that system.

Way cool and way precise so you are not hitting the material with a monster 4 1/2 grinding wheel.

Do a google search on roloc for places that sell near you.

Andy

Comment

Flap discs

I have found that flap discs are definitely the best at removing the weld bead without gouging the surrounding surface. I have been using the discs with great success from the ebay store "http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Valley-Abrasives".

Comment

Working...
          X