X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK
    replied
    magoomotorsport,

If all else fails try LINCOLN'S EXCALIBUR 7018 rods. They are known for easy restrikes.

Leave a comment:

• Stick rod
    replied
    The electrode or "core" always burns faster than the flux.7018 has a fairly stiff flux covering.You may want to try tapping the rod on the work piece to chip away a small portion of the flux.An other option is to break a small piece of the flux off the end of the rod with your`e thumb and forefinger. becareful with the last one as it is possable to get your`e fingers burned.Both these have served me well over the years. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    I've always had that with 7018, try a bounce start instead of scratch start. This is the technique the helped me the most.

Good luck,

Leave a comment:

• magoomotorsport
    replied
    arc welding ac/dc miller

hey thanks for your help. Polarity is turned straight up on the dial to +. Would you suggest to try maybe a 6011 or 6013 stick medal isn't raw steel meaning clean thanks again

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Sounds like either wrong polarity, (should be DC+) or you are holding too long an arc
    jh.

Leave a comment:

• magoomotorsport
    started a topic Arc Welding AC/DC Miller

Arc Welding AC/DC Miller

I'm refreshing in welding haha. Can't figure out why in the @#?* the core in the electrode burns back behind the flux or covering. Making it very difficult to continue to strike a arc. Using 7018 1/8 sticks on regular construction grade steel also some paint on the metal. Would centainly be thankful for the help.
Working...
X