Dake Band Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dake Band Saw

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm in the market for a good band saw. I have been looking at Dake bandsaws [URL=http://www.dake-div-jsjcorp.com/bandsaws.html] I am interested in the SE712. I have also looked at JET and Wilton. I just wondered how this saw compares to those. Thanks in advance for any input.

-Ryan

Ryan

I believe all three are pretty much the same saw, all made in china. I think the bigger Dakes are made in Michigan, they contract all their smallers saw out. But the 712 is still a great saw.

Pete

Comment

Hey Ryan,
      Before you buy that saw checkout the ENCO company. The saw your looking at is the same as the Enco 137-3175. Compare prices. I bought a saw from this company and I love the thing. I bought the Turn Pro 137-3190 it's a little different then the one your looking at. The book that I have shows the saw your looking at to have a 3/4hp motor and the saw that I have has a 1hp motor. Look at the way the cylinder is mounted. The one that I bought is about 40 or so pounds heavier then the one your looking at. These saws are sold by about a dozen companys. I use mine alot and it cuts great. I just cut a piece of 1"x8" cold rolled and it cut it perfectly. Absolutely square!
      Good luck,
      Bulldog
      5 Passport Pluses
      2 MM 212's
      MM 210
      MM 251 MIA
      MM 350 P w/Python
      Syncrowave 250
      w/ tig runner
      Trailblazer 302
      12RC w/meters
      Spectrum 1000
      Spectrum 2050
      2 Black BWEs
      Joker BWE
      Star & stripe BWE Digital
      2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
      CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll let you know what saw I go with.

-Ryan

Comment

Working...
        X