Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigwelder
    replied
    ok sounds good i tahnk u again for all the help.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Aitken
    replied
    I will be back in the states sometime in April. Will definatly look you up and see how things are going. Sorry, don't know those people but will ask some of the crew from that area tomarrow.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    thanks kelly i look forward to meeting u at some point to exchange some ideas on welding.

thanks for the help.

btw do u know any elledges from crestview?

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Aitken
    replied
    I assume you are looking for a welding job. There are several independent shops in the area. ( Crestview, Niceville, Ft. walton.) Unfortunatly, the area is kind of known for low wages. Lots of retired military. I am a machinist and when I moved to Ft. Walton in 87, I looked at all of the major co. in the area. The wages were so low that I turned down a job and stayed in Tx. Fortunantly a co. on EAFB called me a couple of weeks latter and offered me a job making the same money sa I was making in Tx. I'm still with that co. and due to the fact that we are a gov. contractor, I still make far more money then the privet sector. Honestly, I don't think I could have afforded to stay if not for my job on the base. The cost of housing is crazy because of the growing number of military. I know this all sounds negitive but I still the the area is a great place to live. There is always a ton of construction going on so if you are inclined to any of that kind of work you will always have a job. There are alot of manufacturing type plants in the area. Crestview Areo Space is usually hiring I think. They cover everything from engineering to fabrication working on military aircraft. I don't know anything about your back ground but I'm sure you will be able to find something. Eglin Air Force Base is the largest employer in the area. If you can get on with any of the major players on the base you pretty much have it made. My co. is BAE Systems, there is Dyn-corp. and several others. Some people like big co. (good benifits, some don't do corprate and perfer smaller shops. Its all there I'm sure you will find something. Keep me posted.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    im moving next week kelly and i havent found a job in that area anything u can recommend

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Aitken
    replied
    I lived in Ft. Walton for sixteen years. Still work with several people from Crestview. I work out of Eglin AFB. Anything I can help you with let me know.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    im fixing to move to crestview kelly

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Aitken
    replied
    Where in Fl. are you looking to move? I'm in Panama City when I'm home. Anything I might be able to help you with just let me know.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    thanks for all the replies. im in process of moving to florida and i would like to open a shop when i get there so all this info on flux cored is helping alot im not a beginner but i have never welded with flux cored so anything anyone can share would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Fabshield23 (Hobart E71T-GS) runs nice, too.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• floyd1662
    replied
    what hawk said on lincoln innershield good choice. NR-211MP can find it at sears, home depot.....Floyd

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    bigwelder,

Lincoln Innershield is a good quality flux cored wire. Try it in the 2 lb spools. I think you will like it.

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    what brand of wire is good to use i got some cheapo stuff made by u.s. forge and its junk to say the least

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    mine is 115v also. burns it real good.

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    im using a 115 volt craftsman wire feed welder

Leave a comment:

Working...
X