• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storts
    replied
    Ok

Originally posted by Sundown
    Jack, when you get to the sears homepage search for "welder" and scroll thru until you find it, There are other good deals there also.
    Thanks George, Jack

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by storts
    Good Evening, saw your post and link to sears, could not find the machine everyone is talking about,Thanks, Jack
    Jack, when you get to the sears homepage search for "welder" and scroll thru until you find it, There are other good deals there also.

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    replied
    Yeah, I agree about Sears. They are rather expensive though on regular prices, but during sales they do a good job at honoring 'misadvertised' prices. Case in point: My air compressor I bought from Sears (Ingersoll Rand 60 Gallon 2 Stage) was on sale the week prior to when I went in, and the price had expired, but they took the sign down. Well, the week I went in they were having a 10% everything with a Sears Card sale. They used the reduced previous weeks price anyways (manually changed the price in the computer for me), and still gave me the 10% on top of that. It was ~$200 or so cheaper than the regular price. More than 20% savings, and MUCH cheaper than anyone else who carried it.
    I am happy with Sears for the most part. (They don't take Gift Cards over the phone, over the internet, or out of the catalog for internet/catalog items. They also can't order catalog items to the store for you, so you can use the gift card. I found this out the hard way!)
    Joshua

Leave a comment:

• Scuppers
    replied
    Originally posted by Trent_Combs
    Sears isn't that way - they stand behind their ads. Clearance items are limited to stock on hand, and they may have only had a couple. Otherwise, they wouldn't have blown them out so cheap!
    Thanks, Trent_Combs. I have to say I don't know much about Sears's practices. It's good to hear they still practice old-fashioned customer service. A quaint notion, indeed.

By refusing to stand behind their ad, Amazon.com killed the golden goose, so to speak. I buy a lot of items for work and personal use, and Amazon's not on my list anymore.

They say in retail circles that a happy customer will tell one other customer, but an unhappy customer will tell a dozen. Let's hope more people read my post here than they seem to have read the post I had earlier today about purchasing a MIG welder and a plasma cutter.

Leave a comment:

• Trent_Combs
    replied
    Originally posted by Scuppers
    Sears.com certainly had it available for under $1,600 about four hours ago (unless someone went through all the trouble of a phishing scheme . I have a PDF of Sears's web page, but I'm not sure I can post it because of the forum's usage guidelines (Sears probably has a copyright to the page).

In any event, I wonder whether Sears will honor the price for anyone who might have placed an order. A while ago, I saw a Hitachi roofing nailer for $75 in a tool catalog that Amazon.com had sent me. I considered it a good deal, and ordered one via fax.

The next day, I got a call from Amazon. The sales representative informed me they would not honor the advertised price. I asked to talk to his manager, who repeated the same story. "I would have to give it to everyone at that price if I give it to you," he said. Technically, the fine print in the catalog includes the boilerplate language that they don't have to honor typos, etc. But I'd never seen a business actually invoke that provision. Since then, I haven't bought anything from Amazon.
    Sears isn't that way - they stand behind their ads. Clearance items are limited to stock on hand, and they may have only had a couple. Otherwise, they wouldn't have blown them out so cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Spinner it may be East coast/West coast thing. They were there but now there not. I think there gone.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Scuppers
    replied
    Wow...Look at this

Sears.com certainly had it available for under $1,600 about four hours ago (unless someone went through all the trouble of a phishing scheme . I have a PDF of Sears's web page, but I'm not sure I can post it because of the forum's usage guidelines (Sears probably has a copyright to the page).

In any event, I wonder whether Sears will honor the price for anyone who might have placed an order. A while ago, I saw a Hitachi roofing nailer for $75 in a tool catalog that Amazon.com had sent me. I considered it a good deal, and ordered one via fax.

The next day, I got a call from Amazon. The sales representative informed me they would not honor the advertised price. I asked to talk to his manager, who repeated the same story. "I would have to give it to everyone at that price if I give it to you," he said. Technically, the fine print in the catalog includes the boilerplate language that they don't have to honor typos, etc. But I'd never seen a business actually invoke that provision. Since then, I haven't bought anything from Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Trent_Combs
    replied
    Lincoln Tigs are gone. Still available:

Hobart spoolgun http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...pid=00920489000

Champion 10000 running gear http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...pid=00920663000

Lincoln spoolgun http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...pid=00920562000

Linc PM200 spoolgun http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...pid=00920541000

Sellstrom AD http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...pid=00920513000

Hobart Eagle AD Hood http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...pid=00920622000

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied
    Bulldog
    I just tried it again, and it worked fine. I went to Sears.com and did a search for "Lincoln". There is a list of 13 (I think) results, and it's one of them. $1699, comes out to like $1900 or $2000 with tax and shipping. I would consider buying it if I didn't already have a Dynasty 200DX.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Spinner,
    Just tried the link. Now it's not even there... I think it was to good to be true. I'm not a Lincoln fan but for the price it would be worth picking one up.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Bulldog
    I justed checked the link and found the welder but when I went to buy it it said that it was no longer available...
    Bulldog
    I didn't check out yet, but it seems to be working for me. I don't really want to have to deal with buying it and trying to sell it, but if somebocy wants to buy it from me, i'll buy it. let me know soon (within the next half hour)

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    I justed checked the link and found the welder but when I went to buy it it said that it was no longer available...
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• storts
    replied
    George

Originally posted by Sundown
    I just checked and the PT275 is on sale for about $1600, save $2300 while quanities last. And the Lincoln spoolgun that sells for $569 is on sale for $229, save $340 same deal, while quanities last. Thats at www.sears.com
    Good Evening, saw your post and link to sears, could not find the machine everyone is talking about,Thanks, Jack

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied
    it's true

don't know if links will work, but the 185 even comes with what looks to be a universal plug. I might buy it just for that.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/searc...=searchresults
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/searc...=searchresults

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by jolane
    Okay, please don't shoot me for posting this, but I can't believe the price. Sears has a Ready-Pak PT275 (Yes, Red) including power supply, water cooler, torch, pedal, everything...for $1600! I just really can't believe the price!
    Joshua
    I just checked and the PT275 is on sale for about $1600, save $2300 while quanities last. And the Lincoln spoolgun that sells for $569 is on sale for $229, save $340 same deal, while quanities last. Thats at www.sears.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X