X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new welder 210 or 251

Hi everyone...hoping i can get some help here
    I am ready to buy a new mig welder. it is between the 210 or the 251 miller
    I have read most of the post but I will be doing lots of 20ga sheet metal work.
    will the 251 allow for better sheet metal welding of material this thin? due to the varible voltage settings? I will rarley be welding thicker than 3/8 material but pleanty of 22 ga material
    thank you
    Lonnie

Originally posted by choptop
    Hi everyone...hoping i can get some help here
    I am ready to buy a new mig welder. it is between the 210 or the 251 miller
    I have read most of the post but I will be doing lots of 20ga sheet metal work.
    will the 251 allow for better sheet metal welding of material this thin? due to the varible voltage settings? I will rarley be welding thicker than 3/8 material but pleanty of 22 ga material
    thank you
    Lonnie
    Judging by what you have said, IMO the 210 will suit you better. The 210 has an awesome arc using .024 wire and will do 24Ga with ease. You will also be able to do 20Ga sheet with .030 wire with no problem. That is of course after some practice. The 251 is a great machine but for 3/8" and under the 210 will be all you need IMHO.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Lonnie,

George is correct, the MM 210 has an awesome arc on thin ga. sheet metal with an .023 solid wire and C-25. The .030 performance is very good too. The MM 251 however is a very good sheet metal unit too. With its tapped design, the MM 210 is definitely the easier of the two to dial the arc in on. I do however, prefer the real soft arc that the MM 251 has on 1/8".

Comment

Working...
      X