X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burninbriar
    replied
    Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo
    Unusable in terms of all welding? Or mostly noticeable with aluminum?
    I couldn't weld any thing with it. Drove me nuts becouse up untill then I never heard of bad argon. Even if I had I still would not have expected a good bottle to go bad.

Leave a comment:

• frank865
    replied
    I STILL, HATE lumpy gas

Leave a comment:

• Glenn B
    replied
    Yes We all hate to get Lumpy gas but it does happen occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• pgk
    replied
    Iv'e never heard of a tank of argon starting out fine then going bad Does it some how seperate????

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Conrad_Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by burninbriar
    Not long ago I had a bottle do that very same thing, started out fine but towards the end it was unuseable. There was still acouple hundred psi but was all bad.
    Unusable in terms of all welding? Or mostly noticeable with aluminum?

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Originally posted by ASKANDY
    Way back when this all started, I thought it looked like bad gas.

Thanks for the update! As you said, it can be a learning experience for everyone not to take for granted that your gas is ok. It may even be ok at the beginning of the bottle and go to **** when the bottle gets down a ways.

Happy welding!

Andy
    Not long ago I had a bottle do that very same thing, started out fine but towards the end it was unuseable. There was still acouple hundred psi but was all bad.

Leave a comment:

• Trikepedaler
    replied
    Dynasty 200 DX

I purchased my Dynasty 200 DX new from EBay, When I got the machine I ran a couple test beads. The weld was Bad. I tried aluminum and was even worst. I called miller and they told me that Weldcraft put out some bad hoses. Something to do with the manufacturing of the hose and some lubricants were braking down and mixing with the argon during welding. They sent me a new hose and now is much better, but the welds on the aluminum still have some small impurities on top of the bead. The welds do not look as shiny as the AC machine one. I'm still testing and plaing with Fric and amp and balace mix

Leave a comment:

• slagburn
    replied
    bad gas, no good

Leave a comment:

• grocery_getter
    replied
    Originally posted by HAWK
    grocery_getter,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your Dynasty! What is the price difference in the pre-purified versus what you were getting in the argon gas?
    Hawk,

I am switching supplier from a small local welding shop who get their gas from Liquid Air to Airgas. For those that dont know Airgas pump their own gas. The difference in their buying power netted me a very good deal. I exchanged all 3 of my 155 tank to 3 pre-purified 220 tank for $5 more per tank. Cost of refill is only a couple dollars more. Its a no brainer. I'm doing pre-purified from now on.

Andre

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Way back when this all started, I thought it looked like bad gas.

Thanks for the update! As you said, it can be a learning experience for everyone not to take for granted that your gas is ok. It may even be ok at the beginning of the bottle and go to **** when the bottle gets down a ways.

Happy welding!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    grocery_getter,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your Dynasty! What is the price difference in the pre-purified versus what you were getting in the argon gas?

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    Sticking my neck out here and speaking for everyone ....how about some pictures of those ***y aluminum welds PLEASE.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott V
    What happens when you change your wave balance? too much into the negative side can do some of that. Rememember with your machine can get way farther into the DC- wave balance then the Syncro. It's a true sq. wave so it means it's more into the dc side then a syncro at the same settings. Is you argon good?
    How about trying some 5052 aluminum and seeing if you get black spots in it.
    Change your filler metal too.

I thought I would post this for you again.
    Shoot I only know Thermal machines.

Which by the way is working great with the blue tungstens.

Leave a comment:

• grocery_getter
    replied
    Bad gas....

This is one of those time I wish I can delete the whole thread but on the flip side let this thread stay up and be a learning tool for others.

There is nothing wrong with my Dynasty200.

The problem was in the gas. I have always run 100% Argon from Liquid Air. Got them from my local supplier, and never a problem before. They were telling me though that sometimes they'll have a couple bad tanks every year or so. I switched tank and walla cleaaaaaaannnn weld. Smooth ***y AL beads. I am very happy and also very mad at the same time that all this time bad gas was responsible for the whole thing.

To take care of this to not happen anymore in the future, I've completely switched all of my old used and un-used regular Argon to PRE-PURIFIED Argon from AIRGAS. This new gas is sooooo clean, it makes ***y AL weld just so easy to do.

So thanks again for the helps on troubleshooting the problem. it was not the material prep, not the torch, not the regulator, and most importantly not the machine. It was bad contaminated gas all along.

Andre

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    grocery_getter,

All I can give you is what I see and hear along the way. I would call Miller @ 1-920-735-4505. See what Dave Fisher has to say. Everything I have heard about the Dynasty track record is good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X