AL problem with dynasty 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grocery_getter,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your Dynasty! What is the price difference in the pre-purified versus what you were getting in the argon gas?

Comment

Way back when this all started, I thought it looked like bad gas.

Thanks for the update! As you said, it can be a learning experience for everyone not to take for granted that your gas is ok. It may even be ok at the beginning of the bottle and go to **** when the bottle gets down a ways.

Happy welding!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
        grocery_getter,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your Dynasty! What is the price difference in the pre-purified versus what you were getting in the argon gas?
        Hawk,

I am switching supplier from a small local welding shop who get their gas from Liquid Air to Airgas. For those that dont know Airgas pump their own gas. The difference in their buying power netted me a very good deal. I exchanged all 3 of my 155 tank to 3 pre-purified 220 tank for $5 more per tank. Cost of refill is only a couple dollars more. Its a no brainer. I'm doing pre-purified from now on.

Andre
        I love Miller products
        Dynasty 200DX
        Spectrum 2050
        Hobart 135
        Syncrowave 180SD (sold)

Comment

bad gas, no good

Comment

Dynasty 200 DX

I purchased my Dynasty 200 DX new from EBay, When I got the machine I ran a couple test beads. The weld was Bad. I tried aluminum and was even worst. I called miller and they told me that Weldcraft put out some bad hoses. Something to do with the manufacturing of the hose and some lubricants were braking down and mixing with the argon during welding. They sent me a new hose and now is much better, but the welds on the aluminum still have some small impurities on top of the bead. The welds do not look as shiny as the AC machine one. I'm still testing and plaing with Fric and amp and balace mix

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
              Way back when this all started, I thought it looked like bad gas.

Thanks for the update! As you said, it can be a learning experience for everyone not to take for granted that your gas is ok. It may even be ok at the beginning of the bottle and go to **** when the bottle gets down a ways.

Happy welding!

Andy
              Not long ago I had a bottle do that very same thing, started out fine but towards the end it was unuseable. There was still acouple hundred psi but was all bad.
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar
                Not long ago I had a bottle do that very same thing, started out fine but towards the end it was unuseable. There was still acouple hundred psi but was all bad.
                Unusable in terms of all welding? Or mostly noticeable with aluminum?
                Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

Comment

Iv'e never heard of a tank of argon starting out fine then going bad Does it some how seperate????

Pete

Comment

Yes We all hate to get Lumpy gas but it does happen occasionally.
                    Dynasty 200DX With TEC Superflex 9 & 17 Torches,
                    Hypertherm 30A Plasma
                    Rincoln SP130T Mig

Comment

I STILL, HATE lumpy gas
                      Syncrowave 180 SD
                      MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                      1971 Roughneck 1e
                      Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                      Optrel Satellite OSE
                      ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                      Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                      O/A Set
                      Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                      1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                      Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                      My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo
                        Unusable in terms of all welding? Or mostly noticeable with aluminum?
                        I couldn't weld any thing with it. Drove me nuts becouse up untill then I never heard of bad argon. Even if I had I still would not have expected a good bottle to go bad.
                        To all who contribute to this board.
                        My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                        Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                        Miller Syncrowave 250
                        Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Working...
                        X