X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott V
    replied
    Originally posted by Sundown
    Maybe they could just take a Maxstar 200DX and add a feeder & co2 bottle to it and forget about the AC part, could still be cheaper than a Dynasty 200 maybe.
    I have heard a while back that Miller is making it's own pelican style cases.
    That should free up room for some cool stuff. I am very happy I bought the
    passport it fills my need perfect.It's just like having a 120 welder on steroids and a 220 volt welder that has that very crisp inverter arc. Something that is missing on the 210/251 machines.(when turned up some/ low inductance)

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott V
    Yes and then the price too.!!! Maybe a cheaper/better way is if they just added the stick it. Then it would still do tig in a pinch.
    Maybe they could just take a Maxstar 200DX and add a feeder & co2 bottle to it and forget about the AC part, could still be cheaper than a Dynasty 200 maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    I am dragging the HH140 around some for installation when the wind is blowing (most of the time now), but I have been using the Maxstar to practice tigging stuff togeather in the shop. Its no problem for me as I have no time restraints on anything I am doing, and I need all the tig practice I can get. I am still thinking about a passport but will wait until you have have yours awhile to decide for sure, maybe by that time they will have the upgraded version with stick & tig & AC & 200 amp capabilities
    Yes and then the price too.!!! Maybe a cheaper/better way is if they just added the stick it. Then it would still do tig in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    George, when welding outside how much tig work you been doing latley?
    I thought you were talking dragging your flux-core machine around.
    I am dragging the HH140 around some for installation when the wind is blowing (most of the time now), but I have been using the Maxstar to practice tigging stuff togeather in the shop. Its no problem for me as I have no time restraints on anything I am doing, and I need all the tig practice I can get. I am still thinking about a passport but will wait until you have have yours awhile to decide for sure, maybe by that time they will have the upgraded version with stick & tig & AC & 200 amp capabilities

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Not yet, but I do have a roll of it just in-case my little bottle runs out. My esab machine has a slope setting just for Flux-core, although I have heard the spray settings works very nice too.
    I did use it today on a little repair. A heat shield on a catalytic-converter.
    The CO2 and .030 wire worked perfect for the aluminized steel. It was about 22 gauge. This is one of the main reasons I like the thing. Autobody type welding outside with no huge bottle to lug around. I had 120 volts right there and away I went. It's also so handy to carry with the side pouch. No cables to trip over and all that. Don, I do have my stainless and aluminum out to try pretty soon. I keep forgeting to ask about the nylon liner when I go to the welding store.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Scott
    Have you tried any flux core in that thing?? I know it isn't the preferred method to some, but it would be interesting to hear how it performs. I wonder if the inverter would smooth out the f/c some.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Yeah, I could sure do alot of tiggin with that
    George, when welding outside how much tig work you been doing latley?
    I thought you were talking dragging your flux-core machine around.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by DDA52
    Glad you found some, George. They are good if you want 6011's. Their 6010 Pipecraft isn't bad either. Been using them since Airco was in business.

I'm using the .045 f/c in the 8VS feeder running it off of the Bobus. I might even try some 1/16 f/c for the big stuff...or atleast to play around. Here is what the .045 will do on 3/8 plate and the feeder.
    That will work for sure , thanks for the pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    George,
    looks like you bought the wrong Maxstar.
    Yeah, I could sure do alot of tiggin with that

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    I did get a few pounds from the local Airgas, but if I am using stick I tend to grab some 7018's first. I am starting to use more fluxcore outside as I like the cleanup better, even though the HH140 is a bit heavier to carry around. What machine are you running the .045 fluxcore in ?
    Glad you found some, George. They are good if you want 6011's. Their 6010 Pipecraft isn't bad either. Been using them since Airco was in business.

I'm using the .045 f/c in the 8VS feeder running it off of the Bobus. I might even try some 1/16 f/c for the big stuff...or atleast to play around. Here is what the .045 will do on 3/8 plate and the feeder.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    I did get a few pounds from the local Airgas, but if I am using stick I tend to grab some 7018's first. I am starting to use more fluxcore outside as I like the cleanup better, even though the HH140 is a bit heavier to carry around. What machine are you running the .045 fluxcore in ?

George,
    looks like you bought the wrong Maxstar.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by DDA52
    George
    Just get you some of those 6011C's I sent you. They are all you'll need for 6011/10. FWIW, I noticed that they are listed on the Airgas site as Lincoln Easy Arc 6011C's now. They were Airco Easy Arc 6011c by Lincoln.

I still like the 5P+ better. Old habits are hard to break. Although, the .045 flux core I'm running acts a little like the 5P. It even looks better.

Leave a comment:

• 1fasbu
    replied
    150 STL flashing light

I too have had the unfortunate "flashing blue light blues" and was wondering if this could use a board upgrade?????????? With mine it seams to better with stainless rods than 7018. Trust me, I'm not a complainer, but the absolute WORST is to be under a vehicle and have this "flashing blue light" thing happen. I have too gone through extensive line testing, ANDY what gives?? Can I have mine upgraded?? (less than six months old). I live in Canada so this could take some explaining to the right people if you know what I mean. Waiting patiently for your response, thanx.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    George
    Just get you some of those 6011C's I sent you. They are all you'll need for 6011/10. FWIW, I noticed that they are listed on the Airgas site as Lincoln Easy Arc 6011C's now. They were Airco Easy Arc 6011c by Lincoln.

I still like the 5P+ better. Old habits are hard to break. Although, the .045 flux core I'm running acts a little like the 5P. It even looks better.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan
    George,

The only upgrade your Maxstar 150 STL needs is for you to trade it in on a Maxstar 150 STH.
    Dan,

If I could figure out a way to upgrade for $250 difference or so then I would do it no problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X