• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Jones
    Hey Guys,
    The old man is still asking questions and I'm sorry to be a pain, but I still need help! Where can I buy some used tapes or CD's on welding. My Son can copy CD's if I can rent them only for personal use. Thanks again.
    Bob
    Try www.ironprojects.com , they have some really good videos on mig welding and other metal related subjects. Welcome and be sure you are not the only old guy here, I will have to plead quilty to that also.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Bob,

Go to the www.millerwelds.com home page and check out the Miller store for the student package. Cheap and very good from the comments on the board.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    More help needed

Hey Guys,
    The old man is still asking questions and I'm sorry to be a pain, but I still need help! Where can I buy some used tapes or CD's on welding. My Son can copy CD's if I can rent them only for personal use. Thanks again.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• tooldude56
    replied
    The part # for a Tweco Weldskill 250amp gun with a 15" hose and a miller connection is WM250M-15-4045 this will range from approx. $125.00 to $150.00,depending on where you buy it.Or You could go with the Tweco black handled commercial version at nearly double.I have used both for years and the weldskill is the best bang for the buck,plus a nice gun.It sounds like you got a real bargin on a tank and contents.Locally a 80 CF. tank is $184.00 plus tax and to fill it with C-25,the cost is $28.10.That is why I use the 381 CF. C-25 commercial T tanks.I pay $73.05 for nearly 5 times as much gas.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I was able to purchase a 125CF tank for 145 plus 6% tax Already I saved money by reading these replies, It cost 19.00 to fill it. That sound OK?

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied
    Your dealer should have the correct part number for you. I use a 50 lb cylinder of CO2 and a smaller cylinder of argon. The 50 pounder is not fun to get out of the truck.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    What is the Model No. on the Tweco that can be used on the MM 250? I really enjoy this board, but my wife thinks I never will get up a do some work!
    They don't sell any Cylinders larger than a 80 CF around here

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied
    Hi Bob, I use a 15' Tweco gun on my Hobart. If that is what your local dealers stock, that is what I would get. Get a few spare nozzles and contact tips. The 15' gives you more working room on large projects.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    Hank,
    Thanks for the information I'll buy the Tank
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by hankj
    Bob,

Great to have tou aboard. Us seiors ain't gone away yet! I'd recommend an 80 cubic foot tank of C-25 (75% argon, 25% CO2) for a shielding gas. It'll last for about 3-1/2 hours of actual "arc" time, which is a lot. You'll be better of buying the tank outright, I think. Should cost ±$130 plus fill.

Hank

I agree with Hank about buying outright, but the 125 will only cost $10-15 more than the 80 for 50% more gas. It will still be light enough to move around when time to fill.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Bob,

Great to have tou aboard. Us seiors ain't gone away yet! I'd recommend an 80 cubic foot tank of C-25 (75% argon, 25% CO2) for a shielding gas. It'll last for about 3-1/2 hours of actual "arc" time, which is a lot. You'll be better of buying the tank outright, I think. Should cost ±$130 plus fill.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    How about a nice shiny new MILLER hat or shirt??

Email me an address and size.

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    Thanks Andy for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    Andy,
    What kind of Award do I get for pulling out your 1000 Reply!!
    Just kidding, what tell? Ha Ha I may be an Old Man but I still have a sense of Humour thats about all! Forget it ,give it to Kevin!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Jones
    replied
    I got the Miller 250 from a friend of mine he has 15 new 251s and if I put anything on it other than a Miller he would shoot me. ( just kidding) he has more Millers is his Fab Shop than the nearest Dist. He bought all the new 2151s as he doesn't have to use spool guns on them? Don't ask me why as I'm just repeating him!
    I'm still going to look at various guns as I don't have unlimited funds! I'm going to but a Gas Cyl. also and again no Idea of size or price. You guys have already given me lots of help and I surely appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X