• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storts
    replied
    Wow!!!

Originally posted by weldingwagon
    This last week while I was at one of my largest accounts, a local steel mill, I was approached by one of the steel workers who wishes to remain nameless. This individual told me that as I am welding, usually 50 to 100 feet from my machine in a confined space, other employees of the steel mill would turn the dials rapidly on my machine while I am welding. The main dial turned was the mode selector switch...the one that selects between mig, stick etc. This person would also turn any other dial handy at the time....all of this done while the machine was under load. Also my fuel tank had an "additive" put in which now explains why the head gasket is blown.

I honestly don't know how to apologize. I never thought that as a union welder working in a union shop with fellow AFLCIO union brothers that my equipment would be vandalized.

My machine is insured for this and the insurance people with be out to inspect the machine later. The truth now being told I would say that the Pipepro has held up well under the circumstances.

To Lee Lemke and the entire Pipepro division, Miller Electric, and Mississippi Welders Supply in Hudson,WI I apologize. The problem isn't Millers fault, MWS's fault or my fauld...it is the fault of one or more individuals at the steel mill who don't like me welding there.

Go Blue!
    All I can say is holy_&%^_&%&_&%&^_&^%One of my biggest accounts is all union,and im not, But the guys up there are all top notch, I was even hired to teach every one of the machinest how to weld, I also supplyed all the wf beam for when they build a garage, or addition etc.(They paid me in cash from what i paid from my supplyer,NO markup and it was del. to there house for free) Well one day on of my buddys tipped me off that there was 1 of the stewards that had a boner for me, He was my buddy when i went to my shop on a sunday and heli-arced his boat for 4 hrs, I was not taking any work away from the union welders, it was they were so back logged, and my co has been doing work for this co for 60 years,Well back to my story,My Buddy put a big pc of grey duct tape over my gas cap, and signed his name, I guess this steward had done this to other outsiders,Thats what friends are for,Goes to show you you never know,Glad to hear your back in buisness!!!JackPS. , this is bothering the sh896089687-97-&^&)*^&^ot out of me, will the great fellow that tipped you off sign a statement,? If you really want, i just called a couple of my Cop buddys, and said that once a ins. Co. gets involved, which they are, thats ins frauld, which in ct. is a class (whatever the total amount of $ comes to ) felony,,But I understand you have to work there also,instead of hiring a kid with a baseball bat,I like that, But the law protects scum like him, is there a way to made a cover that could be mounted with a piano hinge to cover all your controls while your welding,? Just a tought, at least this way he would have to make noise and cause so comation, while trying to unlock your coverWelders and steel mills are load, but it would cause some one to see thats hes trying to screw with your machine,,Locks only keep the honest people honest, but deters the time they can get in, Hope this helps, Jack

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    Originally posted by weldingwagon
    This last week while I was at one of my largest accounts, a local steel mill, I was approached by one of the steel workers who wishes to remain nameless. This individual told me that as I am welding, usually 50 to 100 feet from my machine in a confined space, other employees of the steel mill would turn the dials rapidly on my machine while I am welding. The main dial turned was the mode selector switch...the one that selects between mig, stick etc. This person would also turn any other dial handy at the time....all of this done while the machine was under load. Also my fuel tank had an "additive" put in which now explains why the head gasket is blown.

I honestly don't know how to apologize. I never thought that as a union welder working in a union shop with fellow AFLCIO union brothers that my equipment would be vandalized.

My machine is insured for this and the insurance people with be out to inspect the machine later. The truth now being told I would say that the Pipepro has held up well under the circumstances.

To Lee Lemke and the entire Pipepro division, Miller Electric, and Mississippi Welders Supply in Hudson,WI I apologize. The problem isn't Millers fault, MWS's fault or my fauld...it is the fault of one or more individuals at the steel mill who don't like me welding there.

Go Blue!

looks like you have to put up with the same kind of A$$holes at work that i do.

the other day. i was on a latter, working under the hood of a car that was on a rack up in the air. some FOOL thought it was funny to spray grease on the bottom of my shoes. it was all i could do, to NOT knock EVERY tooth out of his face. a task i am VERY capable of doing.

no matter where you go, or what you do. there WILL be some fool that thinks its funny to hurt someone.

good luck man, glad you found it. now get that guy fired.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Aitken
    replied
    Union or nonunion. Shouldn't make any difference. It's just flat out wrong to vandalize someones stuff. I know it's not politically correct but sometimes a good solid *** stomping is the only thing some people understand. Not to mention the personal satisfaction because you know you will never see any monetary compensation from the scum bag.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    The idiot probably thought you are non union.I know sometimes a nonunion worker can go on union sites if no union members can do the job.This happened quite often when I was drilling and it realy angered the union guys.If you don't already have one,a big union member sign for the truck might be helpful.A magnetic sign would probably be best so you can remove it on non union jobs to prevent the same thing from happening in reverse.

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    As a union member my hair stood on end as I read this. I've kept up with the ongoing saga and I'm glad you came to set the record straight. Now...about what Slag said about a good beatin'. I don't really know what else to say that's fit for print. Good Luck, JEFF

Leave a comment:

• b-footn
    replied
    I have heard of shenanigans like this happening when an independent, such as myself, works a union site. It's nice to know that the individuals who are capable of this mentality, don't have any honor to their union brethren. What we used to do, when running rigs around hostiles, was install elaborate plates around all accessible areas of the machine, which would be locked when not being able to physically be there to protect it.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Weldingwagon, condolences on the damage to the machinery. Now I must convey some equal appology I developed some opinions about you as a person for the posture of your original post. My opinion was based on incomplete facts and being judgemental.

It is a hard pill to swallow and bad medicine for sure, my hats off to you for clearing the slate, and setting it straight. I hope that the insurance makes the thing right. If not you may get the union lawers involved, you pay dues for something.

Peace,

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Weldingwagon,

My hat's off to you for keeping us up to date and for being honest and patient while all was sorted out. I know it's frustrating to believe no one at the other end of the line cares but we do. I guess we both owe the "informant" a beer! I've got no use for scum that not only messes with your personal property but also your way of making a living.

Thanks again and hope all is well in the future.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    Thanks so much for coming back and setting the record straight. Takes a lot to admit the truth in something that has gone this far. Anyone pulling shenanagins like this should be fired on the spot and blackballed from the industry. Reputations can be ruined, People injured, and company integrity irreputably damaged.
    Harold

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    I think, the guy should be fired too. What if one of your welds failed because the guy was messing with your settings? He does not belong to any welding union, and I doubt even Micky D. would hire him!!!! Not qualified for there either.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    It takes a very sick individual to mess with a fellows work like that. And kudos to the guy who had enough guts to tell you, takes a man to not laugh at that kind of joke with the rest of the dummies . Good job letting all involved know, some would have walked away quietly, shows what kind of good character you have.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied
    You say it's a big account...so next time take a kid with a baseball bat with you...don't go alone!

Leave a comment:

• fatfrank
    replied
    I hope your planning on having a sit down talk with the guy and his supervisor. No company need nuckle heads like that working for them. He should be let go on the spot.

BTW its mighty big of you to come back and let everyone know what really happened. I know its tough eating crow, not that it matters but I think more highly of you now.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied
    Mercy! That's way over the top!!! I can't get my brain around what would cause someone to sabotage ya like that. Why ever would they do that??? Are ya taking work away from them, somehow???

Leave a comment:

• Slag
    replied
    Time for a good ol' fashion whippin!!!

Seriously, the law should be brought in on this one.
    I've had "jokers" change my heat setting before, but adding something to the fuel is WAY beyond a joke.

He would pay one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X