Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    That is an interesting project. Have you guys looked at the forum onhttp://boatdesign.net. It has several sub forums that are very specific . I was involved in the restoration of an aluminum Chris-Craft Roamer a while back that presented some unique situations. Good Luck and keep us posted! JEFF

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthernLights
    arcalaska,

Got your first message and the one you sent today. Thanks, it seems if I was checking the wrong e-mail address. I'll look into them. Looks like they also do CNC cutting. I wonder if Uscola used them for any of his boats?
    He doesn't actually do the cutting, the parts I had cut were done in Seattle and shipped flat. The cutting was actually pretty expensive, shipping wasn't bad.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernLights
    replied
    I had Alaska Steel price out the materials list for a 25' boat ($13,000) and a 28' boat($14,000) prices FOB Fairbanks. Kind of a no brainer in my boat 3' extra for only $1,000.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by tallwelder
    Very impressive and quality project!!! Now, Iam land locked here so what is a drift boat? Carl

They are used in rivers, mostly by fly fishermen.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernLights
    replied
    arcalaska,

Got your first message and the one you sent today. Thanks, it seems if I was checking the wrong e-mail address. I'll look into them. Looks like they also do CNC cutting. I wonder if Uscola used them for any of his boats?

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by Engloid
    That looks like quite an expensive boat... but you likely can't buy one that nice. It looks good.

On the vertical welds..are you bumping the trigger or moving up and down? Usually, I'd think that you bumped it, but the 350p is an incredible machine, and you could likely move up and down like stick welding, and still get a bead like that.

Just a little pause for the puddle then up.

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    replied
    That looks like quite an expensive boat... but you likely can't buy one that nice. It looks good.

On the vertical welds..are you bumping the trigger or moving up and down? Usually, I'd think that you bumped it, but the 350p is an incredible machine, and you could likely move up and down like stick welding, and still get a bead like that.

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied
    arcalaska

Awesome project! Beautiful beads. I don't know what I like better....big sheets of new aluminum taking shape or big stacks of money.

Thanks for the pics.

Leave a comment:

• tallwelder
    replied
    Very impressive and quality project!!! Now, Iam land locked here so what is a drift boat? Carl

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    arcalaska,
    Great job and nice welding. Looks like there is fun in your future with that thing.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    N. lights I sent you another email, if your link works.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernLights
    replied
    arcalaska,

Sorry to ask again, but I was wondering where did you get your plans? I have been looking at some plans from Specialty Marine for 25' and 28' boats, and was wondering about the quality of the plans. I am also thinking of making a driftboat first and may purchase the driftboat plans (cheaper) to assess the quality of the plans.

I'd appreciate any info you can give me.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    Those weld look great. It is hard to believe it is GMAW. I guess the pulser/inverter makes all the difference (Obviously your welding skill plays and equal part as well). Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Very nice, keep up the great work. I also look foreward to seeing the progress.

Weld well,

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    more pics2

Hopefully I didn't duplicate any.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X