Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    We used a bearing called a repair bearing that uses an offset to move the contact area away from a damaged spot on the axle and it had the integral seal and I have never seen one of these seals leak, not to say it can't but I havent' seen it! I'll get the number tomorrow and post the BCA part number because everyone can cross those numbers.
    Peace,

Leave a comment:

• dirtracer
    replied
    Thanks,
    Our rules havn't allowed a for rear end in a chevy before so i don't know much about the nine inch. I will check these things out.

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    is the vent clear ?

Leave a comment:

• Bendaman
    replied
    Mittlerbros sells that type of inner seal if a few different OD sizes
    Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• snow
    replied
    The seals work for everyone else........so, wrong size seal for the axle you have......such as aftermarket size seal on stock axle or vise versa.......or, perhaps a bent, or ovaled tube........or slightly bent axle.....

Perhaps a scratch in the tube where the seal seats........These are the things I'd check........but it's usually a bent axle......

good luck

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Yes.
    There is an axle tube seal that you can press in the and it seals the oil from getting past the axle. I'll try to find the part number.

a-

Leave a comment:

• Leons2003
    replied
    Morning Dirtracer,
    I forwarded you thread to my roundyround bud, we'll see if he has a remedy.
    Good luck
    L*S

Leave a comment:

• dirtracer
    started a topic motorsports question

motorsports question

i have a ford nine inch rear end in my circle track car. all last season i experienced problems with the oil leaking out the right side. does anyone have a good rememdyfor this? i have heard of welding baffles inside the case but i am not sure how or where. does anyone have any examples? i have used the seals that slide in the axle tubes to no avail. any help will be appreciated.
Working...
X