Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of a mm210 in the size of a 135/175?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of a mm210 in the size of a 135/175?

Just curious, I think I read a while back about the 210 possibly being offered in the smaller size. Am I totally off - base? Maybe that was something else I'm thinking about.
    --Bob
    miller 210, w/spoolgn,.030 solid-core with 120cf C25 gas. Grinders, hf bender. speedgls 9002x helmet.

Unless Miller has some magical inverter-based wire feeder hidden somewhere, it's not likely. The transformer alone limits the size to a larger box.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

The passport is close, but not quite!

Comment

PJ,

Weld with one and you may change your mind. The duty cycle and spoolgun capability is missing. However, there is a price to pay for portability.

Comment

Yup, the Passport is as close as you'll get. The next 210 will be the same size as today.

a-

Comment

I wasn't down playing the passport just as a portable it doesn't have quite the oomph of the 210. I saw it in action at PRI and was impressed but I really like my mm210 and won't trade for the portability. 200 pounds is portable right!!! Portable enough, but not portable enough to be stolen!!!

Peace,

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
              Yup, the Passport is as close as you'll get. The next 210 will be the same size as today.

a-
              OK, I'll bite.....what next MM210.....I can't, for the life of me think of what needs to be improved or changed on the MM210 (except the way a 8" spool fits ).....the IM210 for sure, but I for one like the MM210 the way it is thank you very much
              Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
              Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
              Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
              Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown
                OK, I'll bite.....what next MM210.....I can't, for the life of me think of what needs to be improved or changed on the MM210 (except the way a 8" spool fits ).....the IM210 for sure, but I for one like the MM210 the way it is thank you very much
                Wirefeed tracking would be nice!!!

I wound not trade my passport for a 210. I would trade it for 300 amp 32 volt inverter in somewhat the same type layout. I sure that it is on the drawing board some place. Just combine a Thermal LM 300 with a 8rc feeder. Those run on co2 wonderful and have a great tig/stick arc. It would weight about the same as a XMT but would be way cooler/handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown

George,

Based on info that Andy fed us in the past, I suspect sometime in the future the next version of the MM 210 might have a variable voltage control.

BTW, the current MM 210 isn t perfect, it is a very good unit, but it could be even better yet, if it had about at least 3 more voltage taps to choose from. Personally i 'd like to see one more tap that falls between the current tap #2 and #3.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V
                    Wirefeed tracking would be nice!!! .
                    Scott, wirespeed tracking, with a variable voltage control

Comment

Scott,

Yep, WST is what we need, watch out if they have a recall on the Passport, they might be covertly installing WST on your machine just to see if you notice

Dan,

I don't mind if they upgrade the MM210, as long as they don't make it so much better that I have to trade up again BTW, whens that last time you checked your EMAIL ?
                      Regards, George

Comment

I'm thinking you guys have WST on the brain. It would be a nice plug in option, right?

George
                        Not to steal this thread, but what excatly is the trouble with the 8" spool? The reason I ask is that I was having a problem with my MM135 and 8" spools. They wouldn't stay on the peg and would wobble, resulting in feed problems. I solved it with a spacer. I also noticed that the 3045FC, which has the same drive set up, includes a spacer , pn-207305, for 8" spools.

Is that the prob you are having? Loose and wobbling spools? Spacer might help. Thought I'd pass it along. If not, just ignore the preceeding.
                        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                        '06 12RC feeder
                        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                        Esab Multimaster 260
                        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by DDA52
                          I'm thinking you guys have WST on the brain. It would be a nice plug in option, right?

George
                          Not to steal this thread, but what excatly is the trouble with the 8" spool? The reason I ask is that I was having a problem with my MM135 and 8" spools. They wouldn't stay on the peg and would wobble, resulting in feed problems. I solved it with a spacer. I also noticed that the 3045FC, which has the same drive set up, includes a spacer , pn-207305, for 8" spools.

Is that the prob you are having? Loose and wobbling spools? Spacer might help. Thought I'd pass it along. If not, just ignore the preceeding.
                          Don,

I never had a problem with an 8" spool on my MM175 (after I fixed it, see later in text), or any of the Handlers I have owned. On the MM210 the shaft is about 1/8" or so smaller in diameter than the hole in an 8" spool so it wobbles and sits further back than I would like. As I said it hasn't caused any problems so far and I am always looking for a deal on a 33# spool anyway. Just where on the shaft does the spacer fit, in front or back of the wire spool? When I had the MM175 I shortened the spring and used a nylon washer instead of the steel one and had no problems with that setup. As far as the WST, to me it was a minor flaw on an otherwise great welder, I sold it to get a MM210 (which I really wanted anyway), and I did get more than I payed for it new.
                          Regards, George

Comment

George
                            Ok, different prob. The spacer goes in between the spool and ring retainer. I am going to order one one day. Maybe when my cardboard one wears out.
                            Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                            '06 12RC feeder
                            Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                            Esab Multimaster 260
                            Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

they might be covertly installing WST on your machine just to see if you notice

George,
                              I am pretty sure I would notice that one!!! You would see it on ebay before you could say SP 135/175 plus. To tell you the truth I would just keep the Mutimaster 160 and get a small co2 bottle.

Comment

Working...
                              X