X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealSpinner
    well, i finally got the d200dx, and the first thing i did was build a welding cart. i didn't like the idea of this configuration, but after thinking about it, i took kevin's advice and built it with the machines side by side. i will post pics of it later. i just have to put a couple hangers in place and do some finishing touches. i should paint it, but i don't know if i will get around to it, i will probably be too eager to use it.

kevin, thanks again for the idea, i don't think i would have thought if it myself.
    Hey no problem. I'm glad it worked out for you. Please post a pic or two and show us how it turned out.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied
    to tell you the truth, i don't even know anything about the sync. i saw a red box at a hot rod show on demo and started searching for that, then decided i liked blue better. what i needed was something that would work with 110V (which i have now) and 220V (which i plan to have in the future); something portable as well.

so far, i don't have any complaints, except one (kind of): the contractor kit i got came with a bad regulator. the regulator was the last thing i hooked up. by the time i figured out i had a bad regulator, it was 5:15pm (15 min past closing time). i ran down to the welding shop (5 min away) hoping somebody would still be meandering inside. i just caught them as they were walking out the door. they exchanged it without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Congradulations on your purchase, it must be a relief to have made the decision.I was torn between the Dynesty and the Syncrowave and ended up with the Syncrowave.Still not sure I made the right choice but I realy like my 250.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied
    cart

well, i finally got the d200dx, and the first thing i did was build a welding cart. i didn't like the idea of this configuration, but after thinking about it, i took kevin's advice and built it with the machines side by side. i will post pics of it later. i just have to put a couple hangers in place and do some finishing touches. i should paint it, but i don't know if i will get around to it, i will probably be too eager to use it.

kevin, thanks again for the idea, i don't think i would have thought if it myself.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i apologize if this is not how i should post pics. if this causes a problem please just let me know or someone can change them for me

Nothing wrong with how you posted pictures.
    Nice cart.

Leave a comment:

• 98AccordEX
    replied
    heres pics of the cart i made for my Syncrowave 180. the botton is out of 1.5x1.5x.125 angle. the vertical pieces and stuff around the shelves are .75x.75 angle. the base has nuts welded into the metal so the vertical pieces bolt to the base so the machine can be removed. i also have a cart for my mig welder so i dont have to haul around a heavy cart. if i need to i can put my mig on the top shelf

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...10_53_full.jpg
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...10_54_full.jpg

i apologize if this is not how i should post pics. if this causes a problem please just let me know or someone can change them for me

Leave a comment:

• df5152
    replied
    i just picked up my dynasty and will be making a cart for my welder one on top of the other and to tanks out back....I found this on one of the sites i surf and im gonna model my cart after this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• N20Silverado
    replied
    I have mine set up with the Dynasty on top, then the water cooler and then the MIG on the bottom with both bottles out back.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Aitken
    replied
    I put my tig machine on the bottom because it is pretty heavy. Keeps the c.g. low so it is more stable when moving it around.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied
    cart

i don't think that i have enough room for the piees side by side. i like dorn's cart, i was planing on doing something like that. i wasn't planning on using expaded metal though, i was just going to bolt the welders to cross-members. i definately was going to make enough room for the bottles side by side though. my argon/CO2 holy has an outside diameter of like 6 or 7 in. i would imagine that the straight argon would as well.

i was going to use 1x1.5 in. .065 square tubing, but the shop was out when i thought i was going to build it, so i got 1x2 in. .065. i ws going to build it so that the long side was verticle.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Here is what I did but with a different setup. I could not put the two feeders side by side. The door opened on the same side.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dorn
    replied
    This is what I did with all my smaller machines. Maxstar uptop, hh135 in the middle and plasma on the bottom. I offset the machines so that I can put some hooks for all the leads and cords and they will be inside the cart. It holds two 80cf tanks. I still need to make hooks,add shelf to top and paint. But you get the idea.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Another advantage to mounting the welders side by side is that it would leave the bottom shelf open for a cooler if you decide to get one later on.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    From you're other post you mentioned posibly useing 40 cf bottles.They might fit nicely in the bottom shelf if you use the side by side idea.Even though you might have a larger shop bottle it might be a nice spot to store the small ones.

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied
    I too have used flattened expanded metal set into the framework of angle iron. It is not pricy either. If your space is very limited I think I would opt for the stacked style with the machine I plan to use the most on top. Or design in such a way that you could put either machine in either location.

Regardless of your design plans I would also try to find some large good quality wheels and/or casters, as the small little wheels are hard to roll and are cumbersome with a rough or debris littered floor.

Good luck, post some picks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X