Bernard consumables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard consumables

Does anyone have a source for purchasing Bernard Mig gun consumables on line? I have searched and can't come up with anything.

I have a choice of keeping my Bernard gun and letting the brand new M-25 go with my old machine or letting the Bernard go with the old machine and keeping the new M-25. What do you guys think? What would you do? I really like the Bernard but if it is hard to get tips for maybe I should just let it go.

Thanks.

I just checked mscdirect.com and they should have any Berard consumables that you may need.They often offer name brands,as well as excellent aftermarket options at reasonable prices.Punch in mscdirect.com,then look in the fifth catagory and click on mig welding,then click on consumables,next the screen will ask for a brand name.Just scroll the arrow down and click on bernard and you are in like Flynn.I did check this site and they listed many bernard items.I have been buying machine shop supplys from these people for many years and they are great to deal with.I would highly reccomend them.The service is incredible.

tooldude56

Comment

Slag

You might also check out WeldigDepot, they have Bernard tips also.

www.weldingdepot.com

Comment

Keep the M-25, it is an excellent gun and you can find parts for at any welding supply that carries Miller products which is about 98% of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slag
          Does anyone have a source for purchasing Bernard Mig gun consumables on line? I have searched and can't come up with anything.

I have a choice of keeping my Bernard gun and letting the brand new M-25 go with my old machine or letting the Bernard go with the old machine and keeping the new M-25. What do you guys think? What would you do? I really like the Bernard but if it is hard to get tips for maybe I should just let it go.

Thanks.

I would probably keep the M-25 if I was doing only short-arc and the Benard if I did spray-arc. The Benard is a much better gun in that area. Plus the trigger is a better along with the nozzle/tip setup.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses.
            I have looked at both websites suggested above and it looks like both carry the tips I need.

Scott V,
            Which one of the guns are you saying has the better trigger and nozzle/tip setup?

I will probably never use spray-arc. What do you think makes the Bernard the better one for spray? Does it handle the heat better?

One thing I like with the Bernard is the twist neck. I don't need it often but when I do it sure does make things easier. And the Bernard is 15' and I think the M-25 is only 12'.

I haven't changed the liners in either gun. If I need to switch liners often, is one easier than the other?

I really like the point made about most welding supply stores carrying Miller parts. However, I guess if I stock up on the parts I use most often this may not be a problem.

Thanks.

Comment

The Benard is better. It does not heat up like the M-25. Look at the size of the tips on either gun and that will tell you which one well handle the heat better.

The liner deal is about even as far as changing them. You do have the option of using a jump liner in your Benard for the neck. It give you a little more option on running more wire sizes ( within reason ) with a larger liner in the gun. Not a big deal but it can be handy. If you are runnig small wire the 12 ft gun could be a little nicer overall in the feeding area.

What machine are you running it on?

Comment

I am now the owner of a brand new MM251.
                My old machine, which I haven't even ran 10lbs through is a MM250. I plan on selling it, but I am undecided on whether to sell the M-25 that came with the new machine with it.

I am leaning towards keeping the Bernard. I am just a little surprised that the consumables are not a well stocked item.

Scott V,
                Do you own a Bernard gun?
                If so, where do you purchase your consumables?

So far, the links the other guys supplied above are the only places I now know of. I can order them from my local welding supply store, but that can take a while.

Comment

I pretty much can get anything from my local Airgas. They stock Benard, Binzel, Esab, Miller, Tweco

I had Benards like yours in the past, but prefer Binzel now. So that is what I run because they can take Tweco tips if in a pinch. Looks like I will have one Miller gun for a backup for my passport, but I stuck a 180 amp Binzel unit on it.
                  I am trying to run one brand of tips on my two migs. I still have to useTweco eliminator style on my spool-gun but that's lfe.

You should really like the 251 over the 250. Real solid unit.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's one place I haven't tried. I have an Airgas close to where I work. I'll give them a call and see if they stock Bernard.

Thanks for all the help...

Comment

Keep both machines, set the 250 up for light gage metal & the 251 for heavy gage metal that way you can keep both guns.

Comment

GARAGEGADGETS,
                        that is definitely something to consider.
                        However, I may be forced to sell to help pay for the 251.

Would be nice though...

Comment

Come on, do a little side work and you can swing it. There should be a little sentimental value here and their will always be something you like about it , that the new one doesn't do.

Comment

Working...
                          X