210 gas sticking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 210 gas sticking ?

whats up! first off id like to say hello im new here, also the site is great!
    i have a 210 which i love!!!, but i have a small problem. the gas will stick on after i let off the trigger, it will only stop if i hit the trigger again, whats going on? is this something i can fix on my own?
    thanks for the help

I dont know much about them but it sounds like a sticky valve.Is there a way to blow it out with low air pressure? Maybe it's got a little piece of dirt or something in it.

Comment

After 20 years I got a little piece of crud in the solenoid of my hobart. I took it apart and cleaned it out. But it was a constant leak, hitting the trigger didn't help.

Comment

if i dont hit the trigger itl empty the tank lol, it only does it every few pulles of the trigger, thanks for the reply's keep 'em come'n

Comment

A MM210 has no pre- or post- flow timers. Gas should quit when you release the trigger. You have a bad solenoid. I'd call Miller customer service at 1-800-4-MILLER and tell 'em what's up. They'll prob'ly put one in the mail to you the same day!

Hank
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
          Handler 210 w/DP3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

great! thanks!

Comment

Gas Staying On

I had the same problem,you have a piece of trash under the plunger in the gas solenoid not letting it completely close.This is easy to fix .You can disconnect the gas hose and remove the wire from the gun. While the machine is turned on pull the trigger to energize the soleniod to open it, blow compressed air through the hose fitting on the back of the machine ,you should hear the air coming out the gun. This is clearing any loose trash in the gas line.If this does not take care of the problem ,turn machine off and remove the cover and you will see two soleniods ,one is for the spool gun and the other is for your regular mig gun.Whichever gun you were using is the one that is not properly seating . Their is 2 small screws that holds the soleniod coil in place.Remove the plastic nut off that holds the soleniod to the machine,remove the 2 screws and the coil will come off exsposing the plunger.You should be able to see what is not allowing the plunger to seat.clean and put back together.Test before putting cover back on machine.This should fix it.

Comment

You could try a site search, I think I remember someone having a problem like this and it was a valve with screws loose or missing.
                I've had my MM210 for over 3 years with no problems. I did have the reg fail and overpressured the valve and it would not open. I stuck a spare flowmeter on and was back in the game. Cost me $8.00 for a new seat for the reg.

Comment

GG,

If what you say is true, it's unlikely that bumping the trigger would clear it and then it would reappear on the next weld cycle.

Hank
                  Handler 210 w/DP3035
                  TA185TSW

Comment

Gas Solenoid

Hank, you have brought up a good point. The only way to really find out is to take the solenoid apart and make sure the plunger is moving freely in the coil. Their is also a spring in the coil that pushes the plunger back down on the seat when the solenoid is not energize. The spring might be getting weak.He should be able to fix that by stretching the spring a(little)bit.

Comment

Where'd GARAGEGADGETS post go???

I got an e-mail notification the GARAGEGADGETS had posted again to this thread, but there ain't no post! What gives?

Hank
                      Handler 210 w/DP3035
                      TA185TSW

Comment

thanks GARAGEGADGETS ill try that first, and hankj i see the post fine try a refresh maybe

Comment

Working...
                        X