spectrum 375 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spectrum 375 ???

What psi is the best setting to put this on. The green dial indicator shows around 30 psi but this does not work worth a #[email protected]%. I have found that 65-70 psi makes a cleaner and better cut but what should it really be set at.
    s

I have the Spectrum 625 and my gage is marked 75psi cutting and 55psi for gouging. 30 sounds too low. My machine won't even work on 30psi , it shuts off with low air.

Comment

Dont pay attention to the green pointer,Pay attention to the black pointer. turn on the machine and pull the trigger just tap it so air starts to flow adjust pressure, watch the black pointer it should be betweem the 2 green markers on the paremiter of the dial.( I have a green pointer on my guage and it doesnt even move it sits between.02 and .04, only the black one does)
      Or you could just adjust the pressure without triggering the torch to where the black pointer is just on the otherside of the second green marker.that will put your working pressure at about 60 psi.

Comment

Page 11 of the manual shows 60 psi. Turn the amp control all the way to min and that will free flow the air so you can set it.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2229m_mil.pdf

Andy

Comment

I just looked at mine and it says 60psi right on the front of the machine.(Unless you were wondering if more would work better)That i couldnt tell you.
          I used to have a cutmaster 38 ( RIP ) and it used 65psi.

Comment

Thanks, that sounds better, the green pointer on this machine are way out but 60 sounds right.
            s

Comment

I dont think the green pointer even does anything, mine never moves.

Comment

Working...
              X