Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leeave96
    replied
    Well, I e-mailed Miller and they said that my 1990 Dialarc HF welder's color is "New Blue". I've seen new blue machines and pics of them, but now I am courious as to what 'Old Blue' looks like. Can anyone post a picture of the old blue?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    leeave96

ka indicates your welder is a 1990.
    not shoure what year they changed maybe andy can tell us ??

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Originally posted by leeave96
    Was there a particular year that the change from 'new' and 'old' blue? Also, how does one know what year a Miller welder is? For example, I found the serial number for my welder and it begins with KA. Does that have anything to do with the year of make?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill
    I'm not exactly sure as to the exact year of the color change, but I noticed it the year they rolled out the Bobcats in the mid '80's.

pj
    Thanks for that link. I had forgotten about that thread.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    leeave96:
    Check out this post, http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...al+number+year

I believe it will help you,

Leave a comment:

• leeave96
    replied
    Was there a particular year that the change from 'new' and 'old' blue? Also, how does one know what year a Miller welder is? For example, I found the serial number for my welder and it begins with KA. Does that have anything to do with the year of make?

Thanks,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    paint

pt# 098 205 12oz spray can (new) miller blue enamel
    pt# 604 490 12oz spray can (old ) miller blue enamel
    if you want the real miller paint
    if you want the miller logo sticker or warnings i could get ya the ##'s for thouse also if you need the face decal you will have to get with miller i would think but might be getable

Leave a comment:

• rasommer
    replied
    Dialarc -- one of Miller's best.

Originally posted by VBI
    leeave96,
    I learned to TIG weld with a Dialarc 300. I may have given up welding if it wasn’t for that machine. Compared to the machines I have now, the HF start was as crisp and instant as I have ever used. The machine had a smoooooth DC arc that kind of whispered as you were welding. The AC arc was as direct and focused as the DC side. I miss that machine.

If I am lucky enough to find a 300 in good shape I think I would paint it GOLD!

If I remember correctly, on the Dialarc 300 the serial and model #'s were underneath the front cover near the dual contacts for the HF.

I hope your 250 is just as sweet. Good luck.
    I'm glad to finally see someone post such a great testament to the Dialarc HF series. I too cut my teeth on a Dialarc HF-P machine and can't remember producing any better AC welds than with that setup. I've welded with "Red" equipment and Miller Sync. 250's, 500"s and the old STS Aircrafter. Great machines all, but the Dialarc deserves a special place of honor. I was fortunate to stumble across a "like new" HF-P last year and didn't think twice about the purchase. After 23 years it's still an absolutely fabulous machine -- Miller should be very proud of that design.

That said, I've been intrigued by Hawk's experiences/writings about the Dynasty 200 DX and have followed his posts religiously. Next month I'll be "test driving" the Dynasty. I'm hoping the experience will be as good as the one I had in 1978 when I first pushed the pedal on that Dialarc HF-P.

Regards;

Ray

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied
    rb455ho,
    By today’s standards, the Dialarc 300 HF is an industrial CC, straight-forward transformer type power sorce, with no bells or whistles other than for the ‘optional’ foot pedal.

In comparison; Start the arc and the machine gives you what it’s got and that’s it. It is up to you to make the necessary adjustments to make the best weld possible.

I am all for new technology and I appreciate all the features of my Lincoln Square Wave Tig 355 and Powermig 300, I just remember how pure and quiet the arc was with the Miller 300.

Plug in a quick air cooled torch and give it a shot. You now have me curious as what you think about it. Please post your experience.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    VBI, I have a dialarc HF but no pedal torch or work clamp. A friend of mine dropped it off,( just the power supply). You now have me curious to get some accessories and try it out. How would it compare to my syn350 for AC aluminum tig?

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied
    leeave96,
    I learned to TIG weld with a Dialarc 300. I may have given up welding if it wasn’t for that machine. Compared to the machines I have now, the HF start was as crisp and instant as I have ever used. The machine had a smoooooth DC arc that kind of whispered as you were welding. The AC arc was as direct and focused as the DC side. I miss that machine.

If I am lucky enough to find a 300 in good shape I think I would paint it GOLD!

If I remember correctly, on the Dialarc 300 the serial and model #'s were underneath the front cover near the dual contacts for the HF.

I hope your 250 is just as sweet. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Bill
    Here is what that Rustoleum Safety Blue looks like on the finished product. It is a close match. As close as you will get without having it color-matched and mixed.....or buying the real thing.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• leeave96
    replied
    The welder is a 250A machine. It has a 250A/40% duty cycle with AC/DC SMAW and DC GTAW and a 200A/40% duty cycle with AC GTAW.

BTW, though the front panel reads Dialarc HF, I can't find a serial number on the machine. Where might I find it? Are they stamped on a metal tag somewhere on the machine?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    In the original post that Paul referenced, I said that I'd have posted a pic of the Ace "Safety" color if I had a digital camera. Well, now I do, and here it is:

About $6.50 a quart from Ace.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied
    Is it by chance a Dialarc 300? If it is you are a lucky guy.

Leave a comment:

• migmaniac70
    Guest replied
    Ford blue is pretty **** close.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X