Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leeave96

ka indicates your welder is a 1990.
    not shoure what year they changed maybe andy can tell us ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Well, I e-mailed Miller and they said that my 1990 Dialarc HF welder's color is "New Blue". I've seen new blue machines and pics of them, but now I am courious as to what 'Old Blue' looks like. Can anyone post a picture of the old blue?

Thanks!
      Bill
      Miller Dialarc HF

Comment

This is pretty old blue. Although the Dodge has it beat by a mile.

PS- these are great old engine drives. Quiet!!!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Scott
          Are you sure that Aead hasn't been repainted? My old Blue Star was quite a bit darker than that one. I'll see if I can find a pic and scan it in one day. Maybe mine was repainted.
          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
          '06 12RC feeder
          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
          Esab Multimaster 260
          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Here is another pic. Maybe the sun is tougher in Oregon then Texas? Things out here do not know how to handle it when it comes out!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, here we go again.....poke time. You saw the shape of my machine in the before pics....'nuff said.

Naw, the reason I asked was your AEAD has the new stlye decals on it. The old ones were a bit different. My old blue was a Navy blue color as were the other machines we had. What year is that AEAD? They were excellent machines regardless of color. I've even seen one painted yellow. I think they were the least noisy engine drive Miller has had in the past. I have yet to compare it to the new enclosed ones....somebody wanna send me one to keep...err test??
              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
              '06 12RC feeder
              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
              Esab Multimaster 260
              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by DDA52
                Ok, here we go again.....poke time. You saw the shape of my machine in the before pics....'nuff said.

Naw, the reason I asked was your AEAD has the new stlye decals on it. The old ones were a bit different. My old blue was a Navy blue color as were the other machines we had. What year is that AEAD? They were excellent machines regardless of color. I've even seen one painted yellow. I think they were the least noisy engine drive Miller has had in the past. I have yet to compare it to the new enclosed ones....somebody wanna send me one to keep...err test??

The new ones are really not as quiet as the old ones if just making electric power. The reason? 1800 rpm compared to 3600 rpm. With the extra muffler I could run that engine all night without waking up the neighbors. Something I could never do with my brand new Lincoln 305 G. The Lincoln was really nice in the arc department though.

Miller tried more then once to kill the Legend but people would scream bloody murder. They decided to upgrade it instead.

Ted the engine repair guy that I bought it from, replaced the front panel with the S/N # on it. So I am not sure of the year. I could probably find the engine year if I looked. Anyway its now down in the other Oregon (red part) waiting for a fence to break or the power to go out.

I looked at another Legend yesterday for a little over $1,100.00

I like them very much.

Comment

Scott
                  I looked high and low and all I could find were two pics of my Bluestar covered with snow and a pic of the top couple of inches of it sticking over the bed of my truck. In other words, I got nada. I did find a pic on eBay of the decal style. The paint is dark, just not sure which it is. I shoulda taken a pic when I was at the welder doctor getting my suitcase looked at. Bet he had a dozen in there.

Ok after posting this and comparing the two, I think this blue may be the darker blue aka old blue. The decal is correct though. I'll never forget the bullseye.
                  Attached Files
                  Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                  '06 12RC feeder
                  Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                  Esab Multimaster 260
                  Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

I'll never forget the bullseye.

Why, did you use it for one?

I had a few Millers with that style.

I will take a picture of the old blue, when I get the welding machine junk yard I sometimes hang out at.

Comment

Nah. Didn't go there. I just have real good memories of that Bluestar. It was the first machine I ever owned. Used it up, rebuilt it and used it up again. Sold it later for what I paid for it.
                      Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                      '06 12RC feeder
                      Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                      Esab Multimaster 260
                      Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Here is a 1987 Bluestar that was in an auction yesterday. This is my first attempt to post a picture so not sure what will happen.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bingo, that's the color.
                          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                          '06 12RC feeder
                          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                          Esab Multimaster 260
                          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Here is another picture of the 1987 Bluestar. I almost bought it
                            Attached Files

Comment

That one must have been one of the last Blue Star 2E's built. Right after that they were < gasp> redesigned! I still don't know what was wrong with them that they needed to be messed with. The next year or so was when the color changed to the current Miller blue. That was when they rolled out the Bobcat's and when I got mine.
                              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                              '06 12RC feeder
                              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                              Esab Multimaster 260
                              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

New guy here.
                                I shot my 400 gas with rustoleum 1926 brilliant blue from Home Depot. It is a very close match. Mine is an ex Navy rig which means it was bright yellow and very rusty. Hope this helps.
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X