Miller Blue Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Blue Paint

Well, I dragged home an old Miller Dialarc HF today - thanks for the replies to my inquires to this welder.

The case is in need of a paint job and my question is - what make and color of paint are you using to restore your Millers? Also, are replacement decals available for these things?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill
    Miller Dialarc HF

Check out this post: http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...ler+blue+paint

Exactly the same Questions, be happy

Comment

Ford blue is pretty **** close.

Comment

Is it by chance a Dialarc 300? If it is you are a lucky guy.

Comment

In the original post that Paul referenced, I said that I'd have posted a pic of the Ace "Safety" color if I had a digital camera. Well, now I do, and here it is:

About $6.50 a quart from Ace.

Hank
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
          Handler 210 w/DP3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

The welder is a 250A machine. It has a 250A/40% duty cycle with AC/DC SMAW and DC GTAW and a 200A/40% duty cycle with AC GTAW.

BTW, though the front panel reads Dialarc HF, I can't find a serial number on the machine. Where might I find it? Are they stamped on a metal tag somewhere on the machine?

Thanks!
            Bill
            Miller Dialarc HF

Comment

Bill
              Here is what that Rustoleum Safety Blue looks like on the finished product. It is a close match. As close as you will get without having it color-matched and mixed.....or buying the real thing.
              Attached Files
              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
              '06 12RC feeder
              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
              Esab Multimaster 260
              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

leeave96,
                I learned to TIG weld with a Dialarc 300. I may have given up welding if it wasn’t for that machine. Compared to the machines I have now, the HF start was as crisp and instant as I have ever used. The machine had a smoooooth DC arc that kind of whispered as you were welding. The AC arc was as direct and focused as the DC side. I miss that machine.

If I am lucky enough to find a 300 in good shape I think I would paint it GOLD!

If I remember correctly, on the Dialarc 300 the serial and model #'s were underneath the front cover near the dual contacts for the HF.

I hope your 250 is just as sweet. Good luck.

Comment

VBI, I have a dialarc HF but no pedal torch or work clamp. A friend of mine dropped it off,( just the power supply). You now have me curious to get some accessories and try it out. How would it compare to my syn350 for AC aluminum tig?

Comment

rb455ho,
                    By today’s standards, the Dialarc 300 HF is an industrial CC, straight-forward transformer type power sorce, with no bells or whistles other than for the ‘optional’ foot pedal.

In comparison; Start the arc and the machine gives you what it’s got and that’s it. It is up to you to make the necessary adjustments to make the best weld possible.

I am all for new technology and I appreciate all the features of my Lincoln Square Wave Tig 355 and Powermig 300, I just remember how pure and quiet the arc was with the Miller 300.

Plug in a quick air cooled torch and give it a shot. You now have me curious as what you think about it. Please post your experience.

Comment

Dialarc -- one of Miller's best.

Originally posted by VBI
                      leeave96,
                      I learned to TIG weld with a Dialarc 300. I may have given up welding if it wasn’t for that machine. Compared to the machines I have now, the HF start was as crisp and instant as I have ever used. The machine had a smoooooth DC arc that kind of whispered as you were welding. The AC arc was as direct and focused as the DC side. I miss that machine.

If I am lucky enough to find a 300 in good shape I think I would paint it GOLD!

If I remember correctly, on the Dialarc 300 the serial and model #'s were underneath the front cover near the dual contacts for the HF.

I hope your 250 is just as sweet. Good luck.
                      I'm glad to finally see someone post such a great testament to the Dialarc HF series. I too cut my teeth on a Dialarc HF-P machine and can't remember producing any better AC welds than with that setup. I've welded with "Red" equipment and Miller Sync. 250's, 500"s and the old STS Aircrafter. Great machines all, but the Dialarc deserves a special place of honor. I was fortunate to stumble across a "like new" HF-P last year and didn't think twice about the purchase. After 23 years it's still an absolutely fabulous machine -- Miller should be very proud of that design.

That said, I've been intrigued by Hawk's experiences/writings about the Dynasty 200 DX and have followed his posts religiously. Next month I'll be "test driving" the Dynasty. I'm hoping the experience will be as good as the one I had in 1978 when I first pushed the pedal on that Dialarc HF-P.

Regards;

Ray

Comment

paint

pt# 098 205 12oz spray can (new) miller blue enamel
                        pt# 604 490 12oz spray can (old ) miller blue enamel
                        if you want the real miller paint
                        if you want the miller logo sticker or warnings i could get ya the ##'s for thouse also if you need the face decal you will have to get with miller i would think but might be getable
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                        JAMES

Comment

Was there a particular year that the change from 'new' and 'old' blue? Also, how does one know what year a Miller welder is? For example, I found the serial number for my welder and it begins with KA. Does that have anything to do with the year of make?

Thanks,
                          Bill
                          Bill
                          Miller Dialarc HF

Comment

leeave96:
                            Check out this post, http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...al+number+year

I believe it will help you,

Comment

Originally posted by leeave96
                              Was there a particular year that the change from 'new' and 'old' blue? Also, how does one know what year a Miller welder is? For example, I found the serial number for my welder and it begins with KA. Does that have anything to do with the year of make?

Thanks,
                              Bill

Bill
                              I'm not exactly sure as to the exact year of the color change, but I noticed it the year they rolled out the Bobcats in the mid '80's.

pj
                              Thanks for that link. I had forgotten about that thread.
                              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                              '06 12RC feeder
                              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                              Esab Multimaster 260
                              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Working...
                              X