No announcement yet.

First Welder / New Welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it requires 220V then its not for me.
    It's not the voltage that gets you, it's the amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtteam71
      I would also go with a MM210; that machine runs well in a thin to 3/8" thk application. The MM210 requires a 220 power supply but if want to invest in a well rounded machine the MM 210 is the one. I personally am a Manufacturing Engineer at a large fabrication shop with my main focus being weld quality. I personally have three MM210 in my shop at home and would not use anything else. Hope this helps!
      The MMDVI is cheaper than the MM210

Comment

iso50

if you have the $$$$ for the DVI it will give you bolth the MM135 and the MM210 in the same box. the ?????? is do you wnt to spend that much $$$$$ befor you are shoure it is for you? you ended up getting rid of youre BWE and not feeling confortable with welding school. the MM135 is cheaper and less intimidating. the lil 135 is fun and you wont break the bank to try out the welding game, if ya dont like it you can sell the MM135 with minamal lose or hold on to it to try again later. as for the MM135 being sheet metal only that is verry untrue it is a verry capable lil welder with proper prep you can weld up to 1/4" you cant do 20ft welds on 1/4" plate all day long but you can get a bead on 1/4".

no ???? the DVI is a nicer unit than the MM135 (it wasent out when i got my 135) i would love a DVI but dont have the $$$ (gota get that dyn200 ) if you feel ok with the investment get the DVI eather way you can always sell if you lose intrest or decide welding isent for you. eather welder will make a great 1st welder, the DVI will just have more room for groth

good luck just pick one and start the fun
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

ISO50,

Welcome back! I did a field test on the DVI and was impressed. You can use it on 120 volt circuit or a 240 volt circuit simply by changing a plug. It is limited to performing much like (maybe a little better) a MM135 on 120 VAC. However, it is in a case the size of a MM210 and is not easy for one man to transport. Two guys can easily lift it into a pick up truck. It also has the M-10 gun like the MM135.

The MM210 is more welder than the DVI as far as top end, spool gun capable, and duty cycle. It will do 3/8" and thicker material with proper prep. If 240VAC power is available, then I would prefer the MM210 for everday use. If the body quarters and hobby type welding is what you are after, the DVI is a good choice. Remember there is not much growing room except to run on 240 VAC.

Happy decision making

Comment

ISO50,

Straight answer between the MM135 and the DVI: The DVI is a better choice as long as you are able to transport it to your friends house.

It welds great and loves .030" wire with 75%Ar / 25%CO2 shielding gas. It does a really nice job up to 1/4 mild steel when on a 220/240 circuit.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
              ISO50,

Straight answer between the MM135 and the DVI: The DVI is a better choice as long as you are able to transport it to your friends house.

It welds great and loves .030" wire with 75%Ar / 25%CO2 shielding gas. It does a really nice job up to 1/4 mild steel when on a 220/240 circuit.

Hope this helps.
              I have a truck, so I could rig up some sort of ramp to get the thing in the back if I had to.

Comment

ISO50,

Welcome back! I did a field test on the DVI and was impressed. You can use it on 120 volt circuit or a 240 volt circuit simply by changing a plug. It is limited to performing much like (maybe a little better) a MM135 on 120 VAC. However, it is in a case the size of a MM210 and is not easy for one man to transport. Two guys can easily lift it into a pick up truck. It also has the M-10 gun like the MM135.

The MM210 is more welder than the DVI as far as top end, spool gun capable, and duty cycle. It will do 3/8" and thicker material with proper prep. If 240VAC power is available, then I would prefer the MM210 for everday use. If the body quarters and hobby type welding is what you are after, the DVI is a good choice. Remember there is not much growing room except to run on 240 VAC.

Happy decision making

Well I dont think I need something that can do 3/8", body panels aren't that thick I hope

Thank you for the welcome back. I have been given some medication by a Dr. and its helping a lot (after having to wait 3mos to get into see him)

Comment

ISO50,

Congratulations on getting things under control. The DVI sounds like a good choice for you needs. I ran a number of spools from .023, .030, and .035 wire and tested 4 different shielding gases. It will do a good job for you. The ramps are a good idea.

I got back into photography here in the past few months and came across a deal on some really sweet used digital still equipment in the SLR format. I am shooting a lot of RAW format and editing to suit the final image. From there I bring a PhotoShop file into printing or convert to JPEG for export for lower quality applications. It is a lot of fun and actually made a little cash on the side with family events and small parties. Thank you for getting me started back into a hobby I had as a profession 20 years ago.

Comment

I got back into photography here in the past few months and came across a deal on some really sweet used digital still equipment in the SLR format. I am shooting a lot of RAW format and editing to suit the final image. From there I bring a PhotoShop file into printing or convert to JPEG for export for lower quality applications. It is a lot of fun and actually made a little cash on the side with family events and small parties. Thank you for getting me started back into a hobby I had as a profession 20 years ago.
                    I am using an older Canon D2000 digital camera and right now I am photographing girls high school basketball. If you want to take a look at my site, its: www.hssportspix.com

Comment

Working...
                    X