Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hankj
    replied
    Very good choice. Unless you plan to go into shipbuilding, it's probably all the welder you'll ever need. Once you have it, of course, then you'll want a TIG machine, and then a nice inverter, and so on...

Hank

Leave a comment:

• intruder357
    replied
    i think i'll go with the 210

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    If you plan to upgrade to a larger machine at some point, a 3035 spoolgun may be an idea, but to set it up for the MM135, you're looking at $500 for the 3035 + $100 for the SGA100 contoller, which is more than the 135 will cost you, and you'll still have very limited aluminum capabilites due to the low power of the machine. I'd just get a teflon liner and push .030 4043 with the MM135 and do the best you can.

If you're serious about aluminum, get a MM210-class machine.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Yes you can weld alum with the MM135. But like the other guys said watch the low heat. It should be enough for 1/8" alum. The Spoolmate 3035 will fit with an adaptor. You could always buy the spoolgun then down the road buy a MM210 <G>...Bob
    http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...poolmate_3035/

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    um why????

low amp's and hard to push the wire. it can and has been done. keep in mind you only have 135amps to work with so you have limited thickness ability.

Leave a comment:

• intruder357
    replied
    um why????

Leave a comment:

• Wheat
    replied
    No not recommended.

Leave a comment:

• intruder357
    started a topic Millermatic 135 MIG Welder

Millermatic 135 MIG Welder