Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike W
    replied
    I have the same machine at work Pete. I don't ground anything and I run it right next to a bunch of electronic equipment, never had any problems. I think all the stuff in the manual about grounding is the make the FCC happy.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Thanks,sure puts my mind at ease.I guess what got me thinking was the fact that a storage shelf was an example.Just don't want to over look something that could be dangerous becouse I don't understand it.Would rather look stupid than be stupid.
    Pete

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Pete,
    I think you may be reading a little too much into the hf problems. It's not that there is a chance of shocking from these other metal objects, they will act as antenea to cause interferance with other electronic items like radios, computers, phones... The proper grounding of these metal objects like benches, shelves, tube racks etc will help eliminate this electrical noise and potentialy damaging interferance.

Hope this helps.

a-

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    started a topic High frequency safety

High frequency safety

I'm new to tig welding and I'm setting up my shop for my new Syncrowave 250.My question pertains to the grounding of metal items not related to the welding process.One example the manual gives is a metal wallshelf.It falls under the catagory of Sources of Reradiation of High Frequency.
    Am I correct in assuming the metal will absorb airborn high frequency and become electically charged,possibly shocking someone makeing the connection to ground?
    Any other safety tips that may not be covered in manuals would be greatly appreciated.I have quite a bit of experiance with stick and acetaline torch welding but have only used a tig machine once.
    Pete
Working...
X