Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Ebay is a good place, but questionable quality!

Leave a comment:

• Lance LeBouef
    replied
    Thanks again for all the help. Anyone know where I can look for used welders?

Thanks
    BigTat

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Thanks, HAWK. Most of what I know, you guys taught me, or steered me to it. I still gotta be carefull about the half-vast knowledge I have...

As for the content of the posts, I think we all have a decision to make every day about how the day is going to go. I prefer good days, and do what I can to make 'em like that. A little humor goes a long way.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    hank,

I really enjoy your posts and am amazed at your vast knowledge of welding. Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hankj

It wouldnt be the same without your comments Hank.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    I'm certainly not going to contradict HAWK and Dan on this particular subject! And, since I'm in the 210 club, and there is no web-cam pointing at me, I can keep this smug smile on my face and you guys can't see it! No question that the larger the weldment, the more heat it will dissipate, and I agree on the trailer hitch parts.

Lance, since you decided on the 210, I guess it's a moot point, huh?

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    For critical 1/4" applications- MM 210 or larger.

The MM 175 will handle 1/4" in non critical applications. However the MM 210 still has a far superior duty cycle. For critical applications with the MM 175 3/16" is the upper limit.

Leave a comment:

• Lance LeBouef
    replied
    As bad as I want to not have to spend the extra money I think I will get the 210 being that it is also for rear 4-link tabs safety first I am sure I could do it with the 175 but why.

Thanks
    Big Tat

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Hank,

I think migmaniac is saying the 210 will do 1/4" mild steel with ease and no worry of beveling or over-working the unit.

I can see your point the MM175 will do 1/4 " with the proper joint prep and operator. However, if it is the 1/4" plate and tube trailer hitch insert or receiver on my truck I would want it welded with the MM210 not the MM175. One point that's easy to forget: As weldment size increases so does the required amperage for the same thickness and size material.

I have to go with migmaniac on the 210 for 1/4" mild steel.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    1/4"

MM175 and a spec.375 should do ya.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    I humbly submit that the MM175 will weld .250 all day with .030 and C-25, and the welds will be structurally sound, if the weldor is!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Lance LeBouef
    replied
    Thanks how about the plasma

Thanks
    Lance

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    To weld 1/4" and feel confident that it's solid and safe,
    MM210.

Leave a comment:

• Lance LeBouef
    replied
    Okay I can't decide what would be the smallest machines for 1/4" mild steel. I dont want to get something that I wont be happy with. I would prefer to just save some more money. So give your finel advice and I will take no matter how much it hurts my wallet

Thanks
    Lance

Leave a comment:

• Lance LeBouef
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice it was very helpfull. I have a MM250-syncrowave250 and a bigger plasma but it's not blue so I wont talk about it . I am trying to set up in my garage to do air bag work my other shop is just too full of stuff to do anymore projects in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X