Finally Pulled the Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Pulled the Trigger

Hello all, future welder here – been lurkin around here for a while, and finally have something to say. I bought my 1st new welder today!!! I had a Lincoln Wirematic 250 I bought used a few years ago, but never got around to trying it out.

I have messed around with MIGs a few times, but I am now getting involved in a little business and do some tacking, but am to the point where I’m ready to start learning. I’m sure the Lincoln is a great machine, but thanks to this board, I decided I wanted a new blue one. THANKS to all who post here, answer questions, etc – it’s a great board!!! (They ought to give you a raise Andy – I’m sure I’m not the first to become a Miller customer because of this forum alone).

So anyway, I sold the red one to a buddy who has been bugging me for it and went out and bought a shiny new MM210!!! I was interested in Bulldog’s, and had a good conversation with him on the phone last week (great guy), but unfortunately somehow all I was able to do was talk him into keeping it! It all worked out though as my local dealer matched my best internet price, and I got an unbelievable deal! Also got a tank, wire,cover, acc. kit, etc, so I spent tonite wiring in a 50amp outlet (thought I had bought 6awg but it was 8 which I guess is OK too?), watched my video and will set it up tomorrow, and let the fun begin. I will be very busy preparing for a motorsports show for the next week and ½, so I won’t have the time to do to much till after that, but again – GREAT board, and I look forward to posting some pictures of terrible welds soon!

Thanks
    Dave

dmule3:
    Welcome aboard, there are a bunch of us with that machine and it is great. I've had mine 2 years and not so much as a hint of a problem. I look foreword to seeing your progress.

Weld well, weld safe,

Comment

I use mine every day, great machine!!!!!!!!
      250NT/ 3545 MM210/ 3035 Trailblazer 302

Comment

Your 8 ga. wire should be just fine.

Comment

Dave

Welcome

I look forward to posting some pictures of terrible welds soon!

you will love every 1 of them and soon every one else will love them too the MM210 is a great welder and you will be laying great beads befor ya know it
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

DMULE3 -
            You will love it!!
            I have had mine for about 6 weeks....and what little I have
            played on it, it's great!!
            This forum is awesome, isn't it ? Just 2 months ago I started bugging these guys about what welder I should get
            and the advice was great.....by the way guys, for X-mas I got the 3035 attachment to go along with my MM210!! As promised I am enrolled in a MIG welding class to learn more about MIG welding and also learn to use that 3035 gun!!
            Anyway, you selected a heck of a machine!!

PJ
            Thanks,

PJ

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt
            MM 210 + spoolmate

Comment

Congrats Dave!
              Dave thanks for the kind words! I'm sure you'll be happy with it. (I know I like mine very much) If you need any help give me a call anytime. I'm sure though, you'll find all the help that you need right here.
              Randy
              5 Passport Pluses
              2 MM 212's
              MM 210
              MM 251 MIA
              MM 350 P w/Python
              Syncrowave 250
              w/ tig runner
              Trailblazer 302
              12RC w/meters
              Spectrum 1000
              Spectrum 2050