Metal Saw Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Saw Stand

Here are some pics of my Metal Saw stand, it needed to be compact and mobile. The outfeed tables fold by lfting them and the supports fold down. The hanldes are piviting on 5/16 bolts so they go away when put down.

After I bought the Plasma cutter I thought build another stand and then I thought the second shelf would be a perfect fit ...but not sure 100%... is it to low should I be concerned about the metal shavings from the saw getting into the unit??
    Attached Files
    Chris
    87' Mustang GT - Blown 306 Road Racer
    Millermatic 210
    Spectrum 375
    [email protected]
    www.ckvalentidesigns.com

looks good. i would most definatly be concerned about shavings. if i left it there, i would FULLY enclose it, with a good seal. that freakin dust will get EVERYWHERE. then make the front & back panels fold away, or removable.

Comment

The stand looks great for the saw but go with your first instinct and get that plasma out of there. It deserves it's own cart.

Comment

I would be concerned about grit and shavings, unless your a neet freak and clean it daily or after every use, with compressed air.
        Trailblazer 302g
        coolmate4
        hf-251d-1
        super s-32p
        you can never know enough

Comment

Move the plasma, too much money to ruin. I like the design I wish the picture was a little bigger for detail purposes (corporate coping).
          I think the bottom shelf will work great for the abrasive wheel saw .

Comment

Chris,

That is a very nice design. I agree that you need to get the plasma cutter its own stand. The shavings will cause problems sooner than later. I hope you don't mind the larger image. I too was wanting to see a bit more detail. I've been considering a similar set up on locking casters.
            Attached Files

Comment

That is a good looking table. You know that's going to get copied.

Kelly

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and compliments! I have removed the plasma cutter from the stand.

Attached are some pics that show the stand up close, I would of liked to put more detail and time into this but time is rare these days especially when you are building equipment to be able to build the things that bring the money in
                Attached Files
                Chris
                Millermatic 210
                Spectrum 375
                [email protected]
                www.ckvalentidesigns.com

Comment

more pics... I hope these ideas can be used in your shop...
                  Attached Files
                  Chris
                  Millermatic 210
                  Spectrum 375
                  [email protected]
                  www.ckvalentidesigns.com

Comment

Cool table, but like the experts said, move the plasma cutter. I have the same exact saw. You wouldn't have any plans sketched out on that, would you?

Comment

OK that go's on my list of things to do, thanks
                      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Rob,
                        Normally I put it into CAD but this was one of those projects done with shop scraps and some ideas on the fly. If you would like I could take some general measurements.
                        Chris
                        Millermatic 210
                        Spectrum 375
                        [email protected]
                        www.ckvalentidesigns.com

Comment

I have AutoCAD but no big deal if you did it on the fly. Looks Great. I was thinking of making something like that out of aluminum for the weight, would need to have support on other end of material for tipping issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X