Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KS2K
    replied
    Not as fast as some, but will take you into the back counrty and bring you home.

Album on my Image Event Site

http://www.imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple

The Album is 1943 Carryall

Paul

Leave a comment:

• arcdawg
    replied
    sparx i had two 16v vdubs .........the 87 was a GREAT car beat the snot out of it and still drive it up to 275,000miles till the pedal assembly gave way

the 90 gli was JUNK !

they arnt bad motors.......if you have enough $$$$ but i have always perferd the the 8v.

in my current (94) i just did a nice 2*catback with magnaflow muffler and a k&n pannel filter and some mobil 1 and it really woke up the car......the 20v turbos are really nice too......but pricey

the best thing about the vw 4 cylnder motor is the torque......gotta love that low end grunt

dawg

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied
    more pics.....dyno damage

We had finally put the race car on the dyno about a week ago. didn't get a chance to really see what it could do, since during a simulated 1/4 mile run, we had a bit of damage in the 1st to 2nd shift. (sheared the end off of the axle.) (one more piece to add to the wall of shame )
    a couple numbers we did get, though, is during a pull in third gear, registered 387 lbs./ft. of torque. (not bad for a little 4 banger.)

still havin fun!!!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied
    Originally posted by kid
    Your right Scott V, that was a hint at an old song about a rambler. Don't remember the name of it but some of the words were "Hey buddy, how do you get this thing out of second gear!".
    The name of the song is "Lil Nash Rambler" by The Playmates. If you like I have a copy of it on my hard drive!

Blondie

Leave a comment:

• Brookieslayer
    replied
    Way cool

This thing sounds like it can really move and sounds like you guys have done your homework...... keep us posted with the results of the good stuff.

later

slayer

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied
    transmissions

Hey PJ.

Funny you should mention the transmission problems.... Before we went to the Eurospec racing tranny, we had an incident with our 4-speed. Evidently, these don't like to be beaten up. We were on our way to taking over first position in a race a couple years ago and the tranny quit. got back to the shop and took it apart....results: all but 2 teeth left on the differential ring gear, 1 tooth left on the pinion, and a twisted input shaft on the tranny. (This is aparently the strongest part of the VW transmissions) took some pretty decent power to do this kind of damage (especially on ice).

Slayer:
    We are running a european 50 mm stock intake and throttle body. the icing problem is covered by routing the intake air through the firewall and putting the K&N inside the driving compartment. This makes for some pretty wicked noise in the driver's seat when this baby is opened up. As for the intake portion, we have some top secret plans coming up for the next phase of this car.
    Can't say too much right now, but we are going to retire it from the ice and put it on asphalt. Road racing is where this baby belongs. (163 mph gearing in 6th should be a whole lot of fun when that "hard left" at the end of the straight-away comes up. )
    will keep you guys posted and send more pics.
    One more week till the racing season starts!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Brookieslayer:
    Our pro4 dirt car had 280, out of a 2.0 pinto engine, with a single 2bbl carb and it did 100mph in second [email protected] 9700 rpm. It played heck on stock transmissions, they would just break I don't understand! Do you????

Rock on,

Leave a comment:

• drscotch
    replied
    Cool! Years ago our local ice circuit hosted an "Unser" challenge for a few years in a row. Al Sr., Al Jr. and Bobby were all in attendance blasting around the ice course. Pretty cool. I think they travelled around quite a bit, did they ever hit Thunder Bay? It's amazing to watch those guys drive a course.

Leave a comment:

• DEA
    replied
    I have a 94 LT1(Z28 camaro)motor and 4L60E tranny. for sale.
    Was going in a S-10 several years ago but couldn't find anyone who knew how to make the existing wiring harness work without paying $450.00-750.00 for a new harness

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied
    video link

Here is a link to a video that one of our board of directors for our autosport club put together.

http://www.iceracingthunderbay.com/v...racinghigh.wmv

it is about 9 megs so might take a while for slower computers, but pretty cool.

p.s. our autosport website is here:

www.iceracingthunderbay.com

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Here's mine. Prob'ly not as fast as Sberry's - 2.5 for the quarter. (Minutes, that is.)

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Brookieslayer
    replied
    Veedub

Nice to see even the quick make some mistakes, is the motor a vw block to start? What kind of carburation do you guys run on the ice? Don't you have problems with things icing on the intake?

Isn't 240 a little high for a normally aspirated 4 cylinder?

later

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied
    always made the corner?????

Hey Brookieslayer......
    Actually, the driver was testing the car during a practice and seeing how far he could push till he needed to lift.....the snowbank at the end of this straight away didn't stop him so to answer your question, no, he didn't always make the corner. As for power.....we haven't put it on the dyno yet, but guesstimates would be around 240 at the crank.
    2.0 litre bored and stroked, ROSS 13.5:1 compression racing pistons, balanced and knife-edged forged crank, Laptop programmable fuel management system, 16valve custom ported/polished heads w/custom made valves,
    6-speed close ratio Eurospec racing transmission, etc......etc....etc..... a Whole lotta fun

Leave a comment:

• DSeckt
    replied
    One of our toys being built for NMRA..

Incompetent-Brothers

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Brookieslayer
    replied
    Veedub

You said he made the corner, does it ever not make the corner?

How much power does this unit have?

Cool car man

Later

Leave a comment:

Working...
X