lets see your HOT ROD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more pics.....dyno damage

We had finally put the race car on the dyno about a week ago. didn't get a chance to really see what it could do, since during a simulated 1/4 mile run, we had a bit of damage in the 1st to 2nd shift. (sheared the end off of the axle.) (one more piece to add to the wall of shame )
    a couple numbers we did get, though, is during a pull in third gear, registered 387 lbs./ft. of torque. (not bad for a little 4 banger.)

still havin fun!!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

sparx i had two 16v vdubs .........the 87 was a GREAT car beat the snot out of it and still drive it up to 275,000miles till the pedal assembly gave way

the 90 gli was JUNK !

they arnt bad motors.......if you have enough $$$$ but i have always perferd the the 8v.

in my current (94) i just did a nice 2*catback with magnaflow muffler and a k&n pannel filter and some mobil 1 and it really woke up the car......the 20v turbos are really nice too......but pricey

the best thing about the vw 4 cylnder motor is the torque......gotta love that low end grunt

dawg

Comment

Not as fast as some, but will take you into the back counrty and bring you home.

Album on my Image Event Site

http://www.imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple

The Album is 1943 Carryall

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X